better looking sketch effect

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DominiqueBray

better looking sketch effect

Post by DominiqueBray »

Hello

Please, improve the sketch effect, or at least make the old 5.6 sketch effect back, the v6 one is so ugly... :?

I don't like my lines to have a cold, lifeless, too many perfect vectorial look, I prefer trying to make them have an ink or pen look.
Here is something I made with v5.6 :
And something I made with same settings in v6 :
As you can see, it does not look same at all, and the first is better looking. :?
What I hate are these strange cuts :

I do not fully like the old v5.6 neither, because I always find it too much strong, there should be a way to get it even less strong. In the v6, you can't anymore choose its strengh... So, in next version, I would like the sketch effect to be improved so it is better looking result and so we can choose its strengh.

-----

By the way, there is a strange thing... Look :

Here is something I was working on with the v5.6. (a piece of a background from the series Martin Matin)

( By the way, here is the picture without noise and sketch effect :
Image )

When I first tried to import my v5.6 files in v6, I got this :

I managed to finally get this :
which I find quite cute.

The problem is, I can get this quite nice looking stuff in v6 only with the things I made in v5.6 then imported in v6. If I create a layer in v6 and give it exactly same settings, the result is not as good, like I show you at the beggining... :?

Thanks for reading this request. ;)
________
HONDA CB550 HISTORY
Last edited by DominiqueBray on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

I was also hoping for more control over the speed of the noisy lines, noisy fill.

I used this effect to make my characters shiver.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Well, I always have been used this shape effect in that (and many other ways) and I'm very sorry/worried knowing someone have decided to simply remove/hide it forever without previous notice... It makes me wonder what "negligible" feature that I used to use will be the next :S, it simply seems not serious... well...

And about that new "Extra Sketchy" feature... it's just not the same thing, nothing to do with it... unfortunatelly.
britneyclap

Post by britneyclap »

If I create a layer in v6 and give it exactly same settings, the result is not as good, like I show you at the beggining... Confused
Me too. I got the same problem with that. I want to more control on the speed of the noisy lines.
regards,
britney
Simulation prêt
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

I also want more control over noisy lines. To be able to slow them down, and then to change how often the frames change. Like, maybe I want the change to occur every 2 frames.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Mikdog,
is this what you want? ;)

-G
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

Genete wrote:Mikdog,
is this what you want? ;)

-G
I'm not sure what Mikdog had in mind, but I would like the ability to make it slower, like change once every three or four frames.

Are you animating the number of lines and other attributes there?

It would be nice to be able to make everything look like it was drawn frame by frame.
DominiqueBray

Post by DominiqueBray »

hmm, I forgot this old topic of mine.

Genete, that is very interesting, how did you managed to slow down the noise animation ??? Please tell us.
________
DRUG TEST
Last edited by DominiqueBray on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Genete

Post by Genete »

DominiqueBray wrote:hmm, I forgot this old topic of mine.

Genete, that is very interesting, how did you managed to slow down the noise animation ??? Please tell us.
That's not AS it is Synfig. ;)
-G
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

Genete wrote:
-G
That link doesn't work. Is this available elsewhere?

Thanks!
DominiqueBray

Post by DominiqueBray »

Ah ok. I did not looked at Synfig since quite a few years now... I'll check it.
________
Website design
Last edited by DominiqueBray on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Genete

Post by Genete »

SpaceBoy64 wrote:
Genete wrote:
-G
That link doesn't work. Is this available elsewhere?

Thanks!
It works for me. Anyway we are moving the host to other place. Luckily the user should see the new host under same domain in the future.
Try this one:
http://synfig.tuxfamily.org

-G