bezier curve manipulator in graph editor

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

seajackal

bezier curve manipulator in graph editor

Post by seajackal »

I hope nobody has posted this (I researched).

Basically bezier handles in graph editor would be cool,

that is a feature that will make me consider upgrade to pro

cheers
Aleksey Gankov

Re: bezier curve manipulator in graph editor

Post by Aleksey Gankov »

seajackal wrote:I hope nobody has posted this (I researched).

Basically bezier handles in graph editor would be cool,

that is a feature that will make me consider upgrade to pro

cheers
I want to confirm that request. It is really usefull feature and it is strange that it wasn't implement.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Absolutely agree (I have posted this one before). Graph mode needs a serious improvement, not only with bezier, but with a fast navigation, easy ways to move and scale, and different keys for each axis, for example.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Springymajig

Post by Springymajig »

Definitely! I personally think the whole timeline needs revamping. Version 6 made it even harder to use, and it was already a bit of a pain.

The graph mode is unnecessarily complicated, for a start, it should auto zoom on the keys as soon as you click on the selected bone property thing.

Also, something that would help a lot (although not quite as important) would be labeling keys, or putting little markers in the timeline. When you have a key frame on nearly every frame (which sometimes happens, especailly when I do stuff like walk cycles) it gets confusing. Maybe something like, coloured key frames, so you can choose what colour they are if you want to change it.

But little tags you could add to the timeline would be good, and when you mouse-over them it brings up a text box with whatever you've written.
heiseman

Post by heiseman »

I have wanted this feature since the days of Moho. With version 7 now out, it is still missing. Please add this feature!

Without editable velocity curves and improved ease in/out, animation does not look natural. Have a look at this example of a bouncing ball I animated in Anime Studio Pro and Flash as comparison:

http://www.lukeheise.com/temp/bounceball.mp4

There have been numorous threads on this issue in the past:
viewtopic.php?t=2975&start=0
viewtopic.php?t=3100
viewtopic.php?t=691&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
viewtopic.php?t=2975&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

I know there are work arounds with scripts and creating additional keyframes, but this really is not ideal for workflow. It should be built into the software like almost every other animation software includes.