AudioLayer FFT Support

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

AudioLayer FFT Support

Postby highball326 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:01 pm

Please? I'm big on audio syncing. To be able to more easily write scripts to create beat-centric keyframes it would be great to be able to isolate freq (eg kick). also the ability to just tap out markers/keyframes in real time would be a help to...
highball326
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:30 pm

Re: AudioLayer FFT Support

Postby chucky » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:04 am

Yes Plus one on audio wiggle scripts addition... isolate frequency range. I'll report it for you.

Hi highball, maybe post in the scripting about this, to get exactly what you are after ( I don't know if you could at freq specs to the existing script - I'm doubtful).

I have done a low tech version of this type of thing with music, by creating a bunch of filtered tracks by frequency from your DAW.
Saving them separately and importing them to Moho.
You could use some extreme high low shelf eqs to isolate freq ( you now all about that) then use the existing audio scripts for bone and layer wiggle.
It isn't as elegant as a dedicated script but it works.


Those wiggle scripts are already pretty good, I you can see it working in a scene from the library I did.
SO Factory content/AnimeStudioPro10/Scenes/ the quick and the dead.

I use audio as a quick and dirty way of animating head and body movements that coincide with the volume each character might be putting out.
It takes a lot of effort out of what is a little addition that makes the characters more believable , but would be a boring job manually.

It's only a quick example but for much longer tracks it would be just the ticket.

The character 'Goldy' has an audio bone( labelled) that woggles to volume, there are several parameters to the script that generates the movements and if you use THAT bone to trigger others that are constrained to it ( by various percentages) you can get a good amount of animation from just one volume track. If you start chucking dynamics around it can get pretty cool if you are going for abstract results.

YOu have probably already gone way past any of my attempts, but I'm responding just so you know you are being heard by other users on this topic.
Sequential offender.
my latest animations
User avatar
chucky
 
Posts: 3380
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:24 am
Location: Van Diemen's Land

Re: AudioLayer FFT Support

Postby hayasidist » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:44 am

highball326 wrote: also the ability to just tap out markers/keyframes in real time would be a help to...


that one's easy... for example:

you have a bone layer where you want a bone to jump on every beat

> create an action for that bone that (e.g.) over 3 frames lifts the bone and then drops it back
> assign a useful shortcut key to it (I used #)
> press "play" and tap the # key in real time...

just say if that's not clear and I'll do a short demo


I'll also add a request for "beat detection" to the list of things we'd like to see in a future version of Moho
User avatar
hayasidist
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:12 pm
Location: Kent, England

Re: AudioLayer FFT Support

Postby DK » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:00 am

hayasidist, that would be a really handy blank template to keep filed away in your Moho Handy Tools folder.
Just load it when you want to do some beat based animation. Nice suggestion!

Cheers
D.K
User avatar
DK
 
Posts: 2262
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:06 am
Location: Australia

Re: AudioLayer FFT Support

Postby anthonytsb5 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:35 am

chucky wrote:I use audio as a quick and dirty way of animating head and body movements that coincide with the volume each character might be putting out.
It takes a lot of effort out of what is a little addition that makes the characters more believable , but would be a boring job manually.


Could you elaborate on how you do this, please?
anthonytsb5
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 11:51 am

Re: AudioLayer FFT Support

Postby chucky » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:47 pm

anthonytsb5 wrote:
chucky wrote:I use audio as a quick and dirty way of animating head and body movements that coincide with the volume each character might be putting out.
It takes a lot of effort out of what is a little addition that makes the characters more believable , but would be a boring job manually.


Could you elaborate on how you do this, please?



Have a look in the library, there are some files that use it.
Factory Content/Scenes /CK Quick and the dead.
The waist and I think the neck are constrained by value to the audio bone which drives them from the character's dialogue track.
Image
I've done better examples but that content was released as add ons.
Sequential offender.
my latest animations
User avatar
chucky
 
Posts: 3380
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:24 am
Location: Van Diemen's Land

Re: AudioLayer FFT Support

Postby anthonytsb5 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:23 pm

chucky wrote:Have a look in the library, there are some files that use it.
Factory Content/Scenes /CK Quick and the dead.
The waist and I think the neck are constrained by value to the audio bone which drives them from the character's dialogue track.
Image
I've done better examples but that content was released as add ons.


That's very helpful. Thanks, chucky.
anthonytsb5
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 11:51 am


Return to Feature Request Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest