AudioLayer FFT Support

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

highball326

AudioLayer FFT Support

Post by highball326 »

Please? I'm big on audio syncing. To be able to more easily write scripts to create beat-centric keyframes it would be great to be able to isolate freq (eg kick). also the ability to just tap out markers/keyframes in real time would be a help to...
chucky

Re: AudioLayer FFT Support

Post by chucky »

Yes Plus one on audio wiggle scripts addition... isolate frequency range. I'll report it for you.

Hi highball, maybe post in the scripting about this, to get exactly what you are after ( I don't know if you could at freq specs to the existing script - I'm doubtful).

I have done a low tech version of this type of thing with music, by creating a bunch of filtered tracks by frequency from your DAW.
Saving them separately and importing them to Moho.
You could use some extreme high low shelf eqs to isolate freq ( you now all about that) then use the existing audio scripts for bone and layer wiggle.
It isn't as elegant as a dedicated script but it works.

Those wiggle scripts are already pretty good, I you can see it working in a scene from the library I did.
SO Factory content/AnimeStudioPro10/Scenes/ the quick and the dead.

I use audio as a quick and dirty way of animating head and body movements that coincide with the volume each character might be putting out.
It takes a lot of effort out of what is a little addition that makes the characters more believable , but would be a boring job manually.

It's only a quick example but for much longer tracks it would be just the ticket.

The character 'Goldy' has an audio bone( labelled) that woggles to volume, there are several parameters to the script that generates the movements and if you use THAT bone to trigger others that are constrained to it ( by various percentages) you can get a good amount of animation from just one volume track. If you start chucking dynamics around it can get pretty cool if you are going for abstract results.

YOu have probably already gone way past any of my attempts, but I'm responding just so you know you are being heard by other users on this topic.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

highball326 wrote: also the ability to just tap out markers/keyframes in real time would be a help to...
that one's easy... for example:

you have a bone layer where you want a bone to jump on every beat

> create an action for that bone that (e.g.) over 3 frames lifts the bone and then drops it back
> assign a useful shortcut key to it (I used #)
> press "play" and tap the # key in real time...

just say if that's not clear and I'll do a short demo

I'll also add a request for "beat detection" to the list of things we'd like to see in a future version of Moho
DK

Post by DK »

hayasidist, that would be a really handy blank template to keep filed away in your Moho Handy Tools folder.
Just load it when you want to do some beat based animation. Nice suggestion!

Cheers
D.K
anthonytsb5

Post by anthonytsb5 »

chucky wrote: I use audio as a quick and dirty way of animating head and body movements that coincide with the volume each character might be putting out.
It takes a lot of effort out of what is a little addition that makes the characters more believable , but would be a boring job manually.
Could you elaborate on how you do this, please?
chucky

Post by chucky »

anthonytsb5 wrote:
chucky wrote: I use audio as a quick and dirty way of animating head and body movements that coincide with the volume each character might be putting out.
Could you elaborate on how you do this, please?

Have a look in the library, there are some files that use it.
Factory Content/Scenes /CK Quick and the dead.
The waist and I think the neck are constrained by value to the audio bone which drives them from the character's dialogue track.
I've done better examples but that content was released as add ons.
anthonytsb5

Post by anthonytsb5 »

chucky wrote:Have a look in the library, there are some files that use it.
Factory Content/Scenes /CK Quick and the dead.
The waist and I think the neck are constrained by value to the audio bone which drives them from the character's dialogue track.
I've done better examples but that content was released as add ons.
That's very helpful. Thanks, chucky.