Font problem

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JCook

Font problem

Post by JCook »

I'm using Moho 5.7 on a Mac, OS 10.3.7. When I choose Insert Text from the Draw menu to put some text on a vector layer up comes the menu, and in it are most of the fonts that Mac OS has in it by default (including the foreign ones like Gurmukhi, Gujarati, etc.), but most of my True Type fonts don't show. Also, when I click on a font name I don't get the font I clicked on, but the font above it in the list. For example, if I click on Copperplate Regular I get Comic Sans, which is right above it in the list. In Moho 4 I remember that it would only use True Type fonts, so I downloaded a bunch of TT fonts for use in Moho, but that seems to be different now. What is the deal with fonts in Moho 5, and how can I get it to show me the fonts I want to use, and get the list working properly? I didn't find much info in the Help about this.

thanks,
Jack
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Yep, there's a problem here. The font list is being created in a disconnected way with the actual fonts on disk. Depending on the installed fonts, it could be even worse than off by one, it could be all mixed up.

Anyway, this should be fixed for the next update.
JCook

Post by JCook »

I'll be looking forward to the next update, then. Will my TrueType fonts show up, and others as well?

Jack
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Some fonts on Mac OS are wrapped up in Mac-specific containers. Regular TrueType fonts work fine, but not if they're wrapped up in some kind of suitcase file.

When you get TrueType fonts, just get the "Windows" version - it will work fine on Windows, Mac or Linux.