Fill effect shows in export AVI not export SWF 5.07

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Marvin

Fill effect shows in export AVI not export SWF 5.07

Post by Marvin »

Hi All,

In Style, if I select a color and effect like splotchy, then draw a box on the screen.

I can Render and see the Splotchy effect just fine.

I can export Animation to AVI and see the box with the splotchy effect.

Exporting to flash SWF I don't see the effect. Bug? :cry:

Marvin
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Several related posts around here somewhere, but I believe that the essence is that Moho doesn't export image effects, or image layers that are skewed/scaled/translated in 3d space, or manipulated with bones. As a format, for the most part, Flash just doesn't have the direct ability to display some of the things Moho can put out. At least certainly with a file size that would be of any use on the 'net. And some bits flash goes "huh?". I wouldn't at all mind a direct output to Flash video as an option, but that's doable now as a simple conversion from one of the available export formats. So my simple statement should be, no bug. Just limitations in the Flash format as it relates to what Moho does.

--Brian
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

No, not a bug. SWF, being vector-based, does not allow for these kinds of pixel-level effects. SWF is actually quite limited in what it can visually express.

If you look in the Moho manual, under Reference->Flash Tips, you find more information about what can and what can't be exported to Flash.
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

Thanks for the reply(s). I understand the diffrences now. This forum is a big help.

Marvin