Mirror/Duplicate?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bupaje

Mirror/Duplicate?

Post by bupaje »

Not sure if I missed something obvious -if so delete this post.- but I drew a half body then I created a new layer (since I don't see any other way to mirror?) and pasted. Then I used Rotae Y 180 degrees and cut this mirror image and went back to the first layer and pasted but it is no longer flipped. Is this I bug?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

No, this isn't a bug. You copied the points, but the rotation is in the layer itself. So, when you paste the points into a layer without the rotation, they appear in their original positions.

There is a mirror function, so this procedure can be done much more easily:

1. Copy and paste the one side of the body. When you paste a copied set of points, those points will be automatically selected.
2. Press the "Flip Points Horizontally" button. (This is the button just to the left of the bottom-right button in the Draw group.)
3. The pasted points should now be a mirror image of the originals. Use the Translate Points tool to move them into the proper location.
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Thanks - thought it was odd there wouldn't be one but somehow I missed it. :oops: