Pasting Keyframes from main time line to action.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Squeakydave

Pasting Keyframes from main time line to action.

Post by Squeakydave »

Actually, you can copy keyframes from the main timeline into an action. Make sure you've got the latest Moho update (5.0.2), and you can do this. You can't insert the mainline into an action by reference, but you can insert it by copy (using the Actions window).
I've just tried this in 5.07 and can't seem to get it to work. A bug or me missing something obvious? (again - :wink: )
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

It seems to be working. Try this:

1. Create some keyframes in the main timeline.
2. In the Actions window, create a new action. Make sure it is active - there should be a red arrow next to it, and the timeline should have a light blue background color to indicate you're not on the main timeline.
3. In the Actions window, click once on the Mainline entry to highlight it. (The red arrow should still be next to the new action.
4. Click the Insert Copy button in the Actions window (third button from the left).

Finally, this may be what's blocking you: you can't insert an action at frame 0. So, make sure that you're not at frame 0 when you try to insert the copy.
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

I had it complely wrong!
I was just trying to do it using copy and paste.
I would never have thought of doing it the way you suggested. When I click on the main timeline it still looks as if you are in the action.
Oh well. thanks for sorting me out!
:D