Soundtrack problems in 5.06

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cergmail

Soundtrack problems in 5.06

Post by cergmail »

Hello. Trying to run the tutorial on Lip-Synch, or other individually created files of a similar nature, in v5.06, and I'm finding that the sound always slows right down during playback, and the framerate plummets hugely.
This is odd, because in the previous versions of Moho since the inception of soundtracks, this has never happened to me on the same hardware. Moho has always run superfast on my PC.
The Tutorials are the Clinton one, also the Governator one. Seems to be regardless of the Wav file size used for the soundtrack, etc. I've tried lowering the visual features during playback, although this was never the case before. As I said, I've never had slowdown problems on my PC with Moho, regardless of sometimes quite large files.
Any ideas what could be causing this?
:?:
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

There are a few things you can do:

* Moho 5 shows the editing view in full color. Older versions used only 256 colors, which can be a lot faster on some computers. To switch to 256 colors, turn on "Fast Buffer" in the "Display Quality" popup box.

* Moho 5 also displays outlines in the editing view, while older versions only showed them if you were using one of the fill tools. Turning off outlines can speed things up - un-check "Outlines" in the "Display Quality" popup box.

* Moho 5 also can display masking and transparency effects in the editing view, where older versions couldn't. This takes more time to compute, and could slow things down. To skip these effects in editing view, un-check "Masking" and/or "Transparency" in the "Display Quality" popup box.

* Finally, the new window layout can make it possible to make the main editing window much larger than in version 4. A larger window means more pixels to draw. Making the window smaller can speed things up a lot.
cergmail

Post by cergmail »

Thanks for the tips.
Unfortunately, having tried all these options, nothing seems to make a difference.
I'm really at a loss here...
Using an AMD Athlon XP2600, 512mb SDram, 128 Geforce Fx5200 video card, Via ac97 sound chip. All the same equipment as before, yet this new version of Moho keeps doing this to me.
?????
Perhaps I should go back to Version 4?
cribble

Post by cribble »

You might have too many processes running, press ctrl+alt+delete and click on the process tab. Ignore any process that says "system" and get rid of everything else except "taskmgr.exe" and "explorer.exe" and obviously don't get rid of any programs you're currently running. But if you're unsure about doinf this.... don't do it. But I'm running an AMD Athlon 1700, 512MB... nothing great... but moho runs quite speedy on my machine.... and thats with the processess running.
--Scott
cribble.net
cergmail

Post by cergmail »

Thanks Cribble, that's just what I can't figure out. Moho has always run super fast on my machine, and has consequently always been my favorite animation program. But since version 5, and this sound lag problem, it's really beginning to get my goat.
I've tried the process shutdown, and it didn't alter the effect.
I've always had background processes running in the past, with versions of Moho dating way back to when I got the machine several years ago, even with an older video card, and I've never had this problem.
Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope... :cry:
cribble

Post by cribble »

well all that i can suggest is upgrade to 5.0.7 and see what happens. At the end of the day it could just be your computer having problems.
--Scott
cribble.net