Audio - Frame range bug/inaccuracy

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

keisern

Audio - Frame range bug/inaccuracy

Post by keisern »

We have discovered a bug or inaccuracy in the way Anime displays audio.

When rendering out segments, we have been setting the frame range to the length of the audio display in the timeline. This sometimes results in a segment being one frame too long.

We then did a test with papagayo, and discovered that if we set the frame range to the same as papagayo, the segment lengths are correct. (Papagayo starts on frame 0, so we have to add one frame to the frame range).

This means that Anime Studio has a bug in the audio display in the timeline.

We are animating hundreds of segments that all have to fit together, so this is an annoyance for us.
Halvseint, animated talkshow on NRK
www.nrk.no/halvseint
Genete

Post by Genete »

I beleive that the soundtrack starts where the project start frame says.
I mean, usually everyone start the animation at frame 1 (becasue 0 is for setup). But you can start animation at other frame (let's say 2, 3 or other) then you have to set your project start frame to that value and the soundtrack start to play at that frame.
What you have to do is to displace Papagayo insertion keyframes and to the correc position just selecting all the keyframes and dragging them to the soundtrack begining minus 1.

Sorry if I did not understand the problem correctly and I said something unconsistent.

G
keisern

Post by keisern »

The soundtrack starts on frame 1.

What we are experiencing is a discrepancy between the audio display in Anime, and the actual length of the audio (in frames). Sometimes this is displayed as 1 frame too long in Anime, sometimes as 2, and sometimes as the correct length.

The only way to correct for this as far as we know, is to time the length of audio and calculate the frame range from this. We use papagayo for reference, as that program is accurate.
Halvseint, animated talkshow on NRK
www.nrk.no/halvseint