Text bug

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nephilim

Text bug

Post by Nephilim »

This has probably already been said and may have been fixed during the switch from moho 5 to AS, but I'll say it anyway because it really bugs me. It seems that when you insert text, the letter "o" is always a little distorted. Each side is not symmetrical and is a bit pointy one edge. If you want me to post an image of what I am explaining, tell me. There may be other letters like this also but I haven't noticed them yet. It is a little tedious trying to fix every "o" if you are making credits or something. Please tell me whether has already been said or has been fixed.
~neph
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Is it true for only one font, or for every single different font you try?

jorgy
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Have you considered doing the credits as an image file... a transparent png?

Doing credits with the text in AS is... going to be tedious and also the file is going to "slow down" with all those points. And to edit the text you will have to recreate it from scratch each time. The textual information is not "saved" with the layer. To make changes you would delete everything and redo it.

Generally the text option in AS is best suited for "bold" intro titles or smaller blocks of text. Due to the nature of AS curves, test is not going to look... fantastic... depending on the font used. There is something lost in the translation and there is going to be a ton of points to push around.

Scrolling or fading image titles work very well.

-vern
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

jorgy wrote:Is it true for only one font, or for every single different font you try?

jorgy
True for all fonts - and it still happens in ASPro.

It also happens with other letters such as the G and C.
Nephilim

Post by Nephilim »

heyvern wrote:Have you considered doing the credits as an image file... a transparent png?

I tried to do a screenshot of a line of text from word. Then I cropped it and made it a png. The image file looks fine but when I import it into AS it is of poor quality (a little blurry). Any other techniques I could use?
~neph
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Nephilim wrote:
heyvern wrote:Have you considered doing the credits as an image file... a transparent png?

Any other techniques I could use?
Outputting from Illustrator or photoshop works well - just keep the image size the same or about the video size you work with.

I haven't tried this but doesn't the free GIMP support transparent png output?

If you are really stuck, PM the text field you need and your email and I'll do it for you.

Rhoel
Nephilim

Post by Nephilim »

My transparencies look fine it just that the image files look of poor quality. In the AS window the text looks fine but once I export it it smooths the text so much that it is blurry. Are the any settings I can change so that it can be better quality. I am not in need of any credits at the moment but would like to know what to do in the future.
~neph
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Rhoel wrote:I haven't tried this but doesn't the free GIMP support transparent png output?
Yes, it does!

jorgy