Transparency preview

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kdiddy13

Transparency preview

Post by kdiddy13 »

Either I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug.

I've tried setting the transparency of a layer, and setting transparency to "on" in the display options. Nothing happens. It renders fine, ie. I can see the transparency does render properly.

Come to think of it, I can't remember what version of Moho I'm using. Has this been fixed in an update on 5 (I'm probably not using the latest version)?

Thanks,
Kdiddy
________
BODY SCIENCE
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

"Either I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug."
and
"I can't remember what version of Moho I'm using."
and
"I'm probably not using the latest version."

Hello Mr.Insecure, are you sure of ANYTHING? :wink:

But you seem to be correct. In fact I've never seen transparency in the timeline as far as I can remember and they are on in the display options. With "transparency" I assume you mean either "opacity" in the layer options (which is like tranparency in reverse) or "alpha" in the color mixer.

Funny you should mention it though, I've never given that much thought before. Any thought actually...

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com

PS If you quote me on "seem to be", "as far as I can remember" and "assume" I will have to exterminate you...
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

The transparency option in the editing view shows transparent shapes only. If the entire layer is partially transparent, that won't show up until render time.
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

Gotcha. Could you put that in your "Feature Requests" list? I would find it very handy, especially while tracing artwork, or rotoscoping movie files.
________
W125