Colouring bug

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Barry Baker

Colouring bug

Post by Barry Baker »

Try this:

1) Open a new project and draw a filled square on the vector layer. Let it stay the default colours, or you can change it's colours.

2) Draw a circle next to it, then change the fill and outline to something different (say green with a red outline to make it obvious).

3) Let's say we like this last fill, and want to make a style from it. I select the fill (select shape (Q)) and copy it.

4) Create a new style from the Styles pulldown.

5) Click Paste to copy the fill to this style, and name it (eg. "circle")

6) Notice that the tickboxes for Fill color, Line color and Line width are all empty. We need to enable them for this style, but...

7) ...as soon as they are ticked, every shape that does not already have a style applied to it suddenly changes to the new "circle" style. Even shapes that have one style already applied gain the circle style in the 2nd slot.

Is this a bug? Or am I just going about copying and pasting styles all wrong? Basically, I just want to be able to make new styles from existing fills that haven't been named as styles yet.
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

I just found something else about styles that I haven't seen mentioned before, and which has the potential to be very useful. They are animateable! However, there isn't a gadget on the timeline representing styles, so it's difficult to know where changes have been made, and limits what you can do.

In fact, I discovered this by accident, by tweaking styles on frame 1, where I had my camera all set up for the shot, then finding out that the colours were all as before on frame 0. I had no way of copying those styles from frame 1 back to frame 0 except by going in to good old wordpad again, and editing the moho file by hand. I worked out how to do it, but gadgets on the timeline would be far preferable.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Re: Colouring bug

Post by Lost Marble »

Barry Baker wrote:Is this a bug?
Yes. We'll have to fix this in a future update. For now, you should avoid copying a shape's properties and pasting them onto a style.