Tiny bugette

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Squeakydave

Tiny bugette

Post by Squeakydave »

If you use the 3d script to create a torus it always renders with an outline even if you set the edge offset to 0. (No line)
The cube script and imported 3d objects work fine though.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Hey Squeakydave! Dunno, just tried the same thing (PC, 5.0.2) and it worked fine. I'd also perused those two 3d scripts, and they both just set up vectors and apply faces to them in pretty much the same way. Sure you hit "okay" and not "cancel" when you changed the edge offset? If you're using a different version, disregard. The scripts are really pretty simple, and all the juice seems to be in Moho's guts, so I can't see any reason for them to act differently.

It does lead me to a question I was meaning to ask, though. Any possibility, LM, of putting in the use of spline patches? sPatch was cool, and I'd played with JPatch just recently and whipped out some models I was actuall happy with. Subdivision model import(and building via scripts) is cool, but most of the code is probably pretty similar, and spline based models would probably fit back in right nice, good perhaps for working on the head turn holy grail. Just a question. But with a Please on it.

--Brian
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

The lines vanish in the preview window but are still there when I render.
(I've got the latest download)
Not a big problem at all really but I just thought I'd mention it.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

It's not a bug. Here's what's happening:

The Torus script, besides using the edge offset setting for 3D layers, also sets up a layer shadow that is set to produce a 1-pixel outline. You can turn this off in the Shadows tab for the layer.

The purpose is to demonstrate another way to put outlines on a 3D layer. Combining this layer shadow effect with the edge offset value gives you a different kind of outline than edge offset alone.