Timeline graph not working

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JCook

Timeline graph not working

Post by JCook »

I'm using Moho 5.0 on a Mac in OSX 10.3.5. I've been doing the tutorials and finding the new Moho to be fantastic, but I can't get the Timeline graph curve to work. In the Animation tutorial about the animation curves, I opened the supplied file, followed the instructions to select the Skeleton layer, enable Graph mode in the timeline, double click on the Bones Rotation layer icon, click on the layer translation, etc. icons to disable them and then press the End key to rescale the graph. What happens is that there are NO keys, and the scale numbers at the left all turn to 0 and -0, all the way up and down the scale. I've tried this on two different Macs, my work machine which is a 1.4 GHz dual processor, and an older Powerbook (one of the black ones), both running OS 10.3.5. I've also tried doing this with several other Moho files from the tutorial folder, and none of them show any keys in the graph. Is there a different set of key commands for the Mac that are maybe not in the documentation? Or is this truly a bug?

thanks,

Jack Cook
JCook

Post by JCook »

Well, here's an update. I've gotten the graph mode to work with some other Moho files, but not with the tutorial file. Maybe there's something amiss in the tutorial file? That would be Tutorial 5.3.

Jack
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

It works fine for me, but there's one thing you may have missed. In the graph mode, the tutorial tells you to turn on the channel for "Selected Bone Rotation". This channel shows you the rotational keyframes for just the selected bone. If no bone is selected, nothing will be shown.

Before turning on that channel, the tutorial does tell you to select the lowest vertical bone in the structure. If you skipped that step, and that bone is not selected, then nothing will appear in the Selected Bone Rotation channel. are you sure you selected that lowest bone?
JCook

Post by JCook »

Well, ya know, sometimes our eyes just don't work right. It does indeed say to select that bone, but my brain chose to only select the layer, and not the actual bone. I did that and it works just fine. Thank you so much for your patience, and for pointing out my mistake. I'm relieved to know that Moho is working fine. So, that's what it was: I hadn't selected the BONE, only the layer.

thanks

Jack