Moho crashes while exporting to Quicktime

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

slowtiger

Moho crashes while exporting to Quicktime

Post by slowtiger »

Moho 5.4 on a G5 dual 1.8 GHz PPC, OS 10.4.7 with QT 7.1.2

The crash occurs every time when I try to export animation to a quicktime movie, no matter which codec I choose or how many frames or at which frame I start exporting. It doesn't matter which moho file I use.

Export to swf works.

Export to PNG works with some quirks: sometimes it will not export the whole sequence and crashes somewhere, but I can resume from that frame on and get the whole animation.

Exporting to Quicktime works from other applications (in fact I used Mirage to re-compile the PNGs and make them into a QT file).
MarkBorok

Post by MarkBorok »

I had this problem a while ago. Do you export using the batch process? I found that if I exported in the regular way (where it draws each frame to the screen as it renders the movie) Moho would almost inevitably crash, but if I chose batch export, even with only one file, it would export smoothly.

Also, exporting as a series of still image files is usually recommended anyway, because crashes do happen (even with stable software).
cribble

Post by cribble »

The problem is Quicktime. Try degrading to an older version. I found that my quicktime 7 was buggy, and every program i used would struggle to export to the format. Though Quicktime 6 runs perfectly and i never experiance any troubles with it.
--Scott
cribble.net
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Downgrading QT is impossible, since Apple doesn't support any older version, nor allows to download it.
SJMarky

Post by SJMarky »

Had a problem with Moho freezing during QT export. Using the batch processing solved it. Batch seems to be faster, too somehow.
Can a no-talent hack make cartoons with just clip art and a Mac? You bet!