Still Freehand Autoweld bug in final release

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

7feet

Still Freehand Autoweld bug in final release

Post by 7feet »

I detailed this one over here :http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386

Fixed it in my own version, but it was a confusing pain 'til I did.

--Brian
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Hmm, I can't reproduce this bug. There was something like this a while back that we did fix - if you modified your version of the lm_freehand.lua script, it may not have been updated with the latest version when you installed version 5.

Can you send your updated lm_freehand.lua script to support@lostmarble.com?
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Sorry, I should have been more specific. In this case, I was talking about my 2nd Item, which is the part with the Autoweld check in Freehand using the the global from the Translate Points tool and autowelding even if the checkbox in Freehand is clear. Theres only one instance in the script for LM_Freehand.autoWeld:

self.autoWeldCheck:SetValue(LM_Freehand.autoWeld)

and every other instance where a check for autowelding is done uses LM_TranslatePoints.autoWeld, which leads to some unexpected behavior. That was the bit I fixed.

The other bit, I haven't much of an Idea how to fix it. My suspicion, since it's only on accidental taps with the pen, and their really fast, perhaps the script is ending up jumping directly to the OnMouseUp part of the script because the mouse event is so short, and so self.startingPoint never gets set to anything, making it just a random glitch in tracking mouse events. That's my working theory. It didn't do anything bad, just thought I would mention it since someone might be surprised by the Lua console popping up and thinking things were about to explode. Not really a worry. Thanks though.

--Brian
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

im not sure what your talking about, but if you click and make a point and then click in the EXACT same spot you get console message saying

M_Mesh:Point - out of range, line 286
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Yup, that's the one I was talking about. My tablet's settings go right from not sensitive enough to too sensitive, and I must have been ending up with 2 clicks in the same spot ( since too sensitive is better than nothing). That should help track it down.

--Brian
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

this is why i dont like freehand tool, because drawing with graphics tablet is just too hard... you can't see where your drawing and line widths if you try and minimize the points...
like you will see a polygonal dot to dot then let got and it will be curvy and different thinkness...

woudl be cool if it had the red lasso tool construction thing as oyur seleecting but for drawing

which is why i like drawing on paper and using add point tool ;)
alot more control for me.
Postality

Post by Postality »

I'm the same way cheese.

I personally like drawing with points. I'm sure drawing with a tablet is MUCH faster, put for me I get more quality out of drawing things with the add-point tool.

I started to use Myles method of drawing things scanning them in and using real draw pro to convert it all into vector shapes, it adds more points then I would like, but they are easily deleted.

This method works alot better for me aswell since I can erase things if I mess something up and don't like it. =)
Anime Studio - Ultimate Game Graphics
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

7feet: There should be no instances of LM_Freehand.autoWeld in the final release. The Freehand tool intentionally refers to the LM_TranslatePoints.autoWeld variable, so that the two tools can share the same setting.

You can change the script if you want, but it isn't a bug - it's intentional. If you do still see an instance LM_Freehand.autoWeld, then I go back to what I said before - if you modified your copy of the script before installing the final release, it may not have been updated.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Urf. Sorry, I must been looking at the Beta 4 script by mistake. I was doing comparisons between various versions of the script and must have closed the wrong one. My apologies.

Also, I always keep the original version of any scripts I work on. Since my approach includes a lot of trial and error (less as I figure things out) I tend to screw things up at first and really need that backup to refer to. I'll try to da better on the quality control if I'm making a bug report.

--Brian