another flash bug/s

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

spasmodic_cheese

another flash bug/s

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

http://www.mypetcaretaker.com/hefa.swf
http://www.mypetcaretaker.com/hefa.moho

With the flash player, the bug doesnt 'come up' until second time playing.

With the flash authoring tool theres that still frame on everyframe... so kinda hard to delete.

When you export with extra SWF frame. It fixes it in the flash player, however it crashes the standalone flash player.

I guess thats what that checkbox is there for... but hrmm =/

Also could you tell me what i accidntly did to make the propeller layers not optimized?? :oops:
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Hmm, when I add the extra SWF frame, and re-export, the SWf file plays back fine in a browser window, in the standalone Flash player, and in the Flash authoring tool.

Which version of Flash do you have installed? Which operating system?

P.S. I like your drawing style. It has a very organic, and somehow creepy look to it.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Oh, and about the propellor layers not being optimized:

It seems that you drew parts of those layers on frames other than zero. When you do this, you introduce keyframes at the frame you drew your object. For example, the "Propellor" layer has Fill Color and Line Color keyframes at frame 66, probably because you filled a shape at that frame.

Also, the switch layer that contains the propellors is set to interpolate its sub-layers. This is used when the sub-layers have the same number of points - when switching between them, Moho will morph from one set of points to the next. This makes it un-optimizable in Flash. In your case, since you have a switch keyframe every single frame, the interpolation would have no effect anyway.
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

LOL silly me ... im not .. sure..when or how i checked that...
yeh i tried to delete those keyframes but it wouldnt let me... i was trying to make propeller 2 from onion skin of frame 0 of propeller 1, i loosley following the caterpillar frame by frame tutorialy exampley to acheive that...

mind you i wasn't in the clearest of 'mindsets' at the time.. of doing it. =P

I guess I can do both frames before putting them in a switch layer

Specs Are
Macromedia Flash Player 7.0 r19
Windows 2000 Proffessional 5.00.2195 SP3

It imports fine into flash authoring fine with export last frame... Its only abit of a concern for people whom dont have flash, that maybe wanted to do a quick looping animation.

I also noticed in Flash MX 04 some individual frames when you try to edit a frame a certain piece may just dissapear... whether its just selecting somehting not related to it or drawing off to one side.

Ohh I also found that i managed to reduce that 683kb file to about ~100kb ungrouping and optimizing every frame. So when i got this client work out the way i'll be working on a JSFL so people can import
their SWF's and further optimize their moho files.

I'm glad you enjoy my style, you'll see alot more around 30nov, competition time =P