Line Effect in Moho 5

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

carib

Line Effect in Moho 5

Post by carib »

Hi, I have been following the tutorial in the new release of Moho 5 but I am unable to achieve the line effect of sketchy as in Tutorial 1.3. When I load the tutorial file itself I note the effect is there but I am unable to achieve this myself even if I tried this in a new project file with a single basic shape.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Are you not able to assign the effect to shapes, or do you now know where to choose it from, or does it not look the same as Tutorial 1.3?
carib

Post by carib »

I was able to create and fill the cloud I assume its the same way that you change the line effect. I tried this on a simple shape for example a rectangle. It filled but no line effect assigned. BTW I downloaded version 5 and just installed it with defaults. I assume it would have over written beta 4. The process I use to fill is create rectangle use create shape to select the object then change line effect then press space bar.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Oops - Tutorial 1.3 should be telling you to use the "Soft Edge" line effect. The Sketchy effect is kind of touchy and doesn't work too well with scale compensation turned on. The Soft Edge effect will get you the effect shown in the tutorial.
carib

Post by carib »

Ok that works. The tutorial said sketchy but the soft edge gets the desired result. Thanks. :D
cainmark

Post by cainmark »

Lost Marble wrote:Oops - Tutorial 1.3 should be telling you to use the "Soft Edge" line effect. The Sketchy effect is kind of touchy and doesn't work too well with scale compensation turned on. The Soft Edge effect will get you the effect shown in the tutorial.
I was just about to post about this sinc eI was having the same problem. Just upgraded and am blown away!
Question everything.