Opening old moho files asks for serial?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nicohk92

Opening old moho files asks for serial?

Post by Nicohk92 »

So I just purchased the 13 upgrade. I've got a new serial, activate and everything's fine. I can work on files and save them.

Now I need to work on files from the previous version. but when I try to open them, a pop up window asks for a serial. I tried the current one, the previous one, no success in either case.

Note that it wants to open anime studio pro and asks for an anime studio pro serial, while the projects are clearly .moho from moho 12.5!!

What gives?

PS: I'm on the latest mac OS
Nicohk92

Re: Opening old moho files asks for serial?

Post by Nicohk92 »

Nevermind. Doing file ->open.. from Moho 13 lets me open previous files.

Leaving that post up in case someone has the same issue
Greenlaw

Re: Opening old moho files asks for serial?

Post by Greenlaw »

I'm not sure how it is on Mac but on Windows I sometimes need to re-define the default program for a files type so it open with the latest version of a program. Not a 'Moho-specific' thing but I may have had to do that with Moho in the past.

In my case, I've never seen the serial number request you mentioned. This is probably because I keep both Moho 12.5 and 13 activated on my computer so I can switch between the two. But regarding the .moho file type, I do have its default program set for Moho 13.

Hope this helps.