Moho 12 Pro - iMac Pro 3.2ghz SLOW

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rayamc

Re: Moho 12 Pro - iMac Pro 3.2ghz SLOW

Post by rayamc »

With the orphaned points, I left some points used for shading in the document whilst the rest of the shape they belonged to was deleted. The slowdown caused was extreme. I have been sending things back and forth to support for a while but it looks like it's just a rare occurrence. Good to keep in mind if you get a file that almost freezes Moho 12/13 (freezing for 30 seconds or more)

Reading on, it sounds like this is a Mac 5K issue. Would be interesting to see if high resolution effects windows. I have a 2015 5k iMac and moho crawls. I have been lowering the resolution at times to get round this (setting the low res mode for Moho is a great idea!)

I thought that this short coming would be down to the tiny amount of vram and the way the 5k screen 'magnifies' a 2k one but if newer Macs - even an iMac pro have the same issue this is not good news. I don't really see issues with other apps in the same way. Motion, Final Cut or Lightwave seem to work just as well in higher resolutions

Does hardware acceleration do anything on a mac? Doesn't seem to make any difference. I can see it does on windows
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Regarding orphaned points:

This is a source of trouble since ages ago in lots of software. Single points, or just 2 points on top of each other, or some points in very small distance to each other, all cause trouble. I remember the old Quark XPress choking on those, RIPs the same, and of course (natrurally, I should say) cutting plotters don't like this.

Some programs seem to run a filter before rendering or exporting which catches these occurence and deletes some or all points without changing the resulting image.

Could a script detect orphaned points in Moho, so we could clean up files on the go?
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
rayamc

Post by rayamc »

I suggested that they run a check for stray points but I guess once orphaned it's hard to detect if they should be part of another object or not. Support did get back to me several times on this. I sent them the file with the problem so they could see the issues. No fix though
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

rayamc wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:58 pm Does hardware acceleration do anything on a mac? Doesn't seem to make any difference. I can see it does on windows
Since Macs generally use AMD graphics cards, which don't fully support OpenGL, it might not make a difference on some Macs.