Moho 12 'Document wasn't saved properly' error

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

0parkp

Moho 12 'Document wasn't saved properly' error

Post by 0parkp »

I have been working away as normal with my project in Moho 12, been saving as I go along just fine.

Then just now, for some reason when I have tried to save I got this message:

"The document wasn't saved properly. The file may be marked read only, or you may be trying to save to a read only disc"

For context, this is a recently bought laptop I am working from, I have allowed the program to run through the NVIDEA graphics card instead to enhance performance.
I had the same issue randomly on my other PC (which I thought was broken, took it in for repairs currently) and that was without messing with any settings.

Auto save was turned off, as well as GPU acceleration on both the PC and laptop.

I have mentioned from previous posts that it can also have issues with some files that it can sometimes crash when moving/clicking on a layer, and even copying and pasting a shape in the scene.

I'm getting really tired of these sporadic errors and issues happening with my work, i'm always on edge wondering if I'm going to encounter a problem.

I've heard the term COM surrogate being thrown around relating to this, but what is it exactly? Is there a way to stop it appearing for good? Or allow it to function with Moho?

Can somebody please help?!?! Thanks
synthsin75

Re: Moho 12 'Document wasn't saved properly' error

Post by synthsin75 »

Have you updated to Moho 12.5?
0parkp

Post by 0parkp »

I haven't as yet, as my colleagues would also need to update as well. We all work-share files and need to easily access files between us.

Has it proven to stop all the problems I have listed?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

The update is free, and this problem has been fixed. I wrote a save fix script to address this, but it's not needed in 12.5.