Rendering Issues

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

alanthebox

Rendering Issues

Post by alanthebox »

Is it normal to have renders that get to a certain point and never complete? I have an animation that's about 90 seconds long that just can't seem to render in one go. It seems like a relatively simple scene (a single rigged character with limited background elements) and I'm only rendering it out as an MP4 (1920x1080).

I've tried exporting the animation as well as the Moho exporter. I even let it run overnight once, but it seems to have gotten stuck after 30 minutes (and 94% completion).

Is my only option to render it out in smaller chunks? Is that normal for this software? I have an i7 with 4 cores, 32gb ram, and I'm rendering to an SSD drive.

This is my first project in Moho, so, I'm a bit worried that I'm going to have lots of problems going forward, to the point that this software is unusable.

Thanks!
chucky

Re: Rendering Issues

Post by chucky »

I saw this once so long ago that I can't remember.
It's always best to do final renders in images (png) if it si a long render … but that's beside the point.
If in doubt my rule of thumb for any render mishap is to disable multithreaded render.
It takes longer but it's pretty reliable in a squeeze.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

what's the file system on the SSD? and how big is the (allocation for the) MP4 when it gets stuck?
alanthebox

Post by alanthebox »

chucky wrote:I saw this once so long ago that I can't remember.
It's always best to do final renders in images (png) if it si a long render … but that's beside the point.
If in doubt my rule of thumb for any render mishap is to disable multithreaded render.
It takes longer but it's pretty reliable in a squeeze.
Disabling the multithread option did the trick! Thanks for your help!
chucky

Post by chucky »

No probs Alan!