references don't move with bones!

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

wr3yth

references don't move with bones!

Post by wr3yth »

i created some references for my layer and they work properly.
but when i bind my original layers to bones, bones only move original layers points!
references stay motionless; they can only move with Transform points tool
i can't make sure that's a bug, but i think it supposed to move
update:
i'm sorry i think that was not a bug and i should have created this topic in the "how do i ..." section
i there is any moderators online, move this to the appropriate section
i figured out what the problem is, i should bind all references points to the bones
is it possible to do this with updating layers?
i tried every option in update layers menu but it didn't work
I
Greenlaw

Re: references don't move with bones!

Post by Greenlaw »

Not sure that sounds right because the binding of the reference layers/group should be identical to the binding of the originals when you created the references. Are you saying you accidentally changed or removed the binding afterward?

If so, I think your options are to either recreate the binding on the un-binded layers, or delete those 'broken' reference layers and then update the referenced group they belong to. The latter, of course, assumes you referenced the entire group and not just individual layers, and if you did, this option is usually the easiest and most reliable fix. Failing that, another option is to delete the 'broken' layers and create new references. For future safety, if the references weren't part of a referenced group, you might want to create a group this time.

If you have to do any of these and you already created unique animation on some reference layers that you wish to keep, you can save the animation as an action or work with a copy of the scenes and then copy the animation to the new references from the original file.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wr3yth

Post by wr3yth »

Greenlaw wrote:Not sure that sounds right because the binding of the reference layers/group should be identical to the binding of the originals when you created the references. Are you saying you accidentally changed or removed the binding afterward?

If so, I think your options are to either recreate the binding on the un-binded layers, or delete those 'broken' reference layers and then update the referenced group they belong to. The latter, of coursre, assumes you referenced the entire group and not just individual layers, and if you did, this option is usually the easiest and most reliable fix. Failing that, another option is to delete the 'broken' layers and create new references. For future safety, if the references weren't part of a referenced group, you might want to create a group this time.

If you have to do any of these and and you already have unique animation on some references that you wish to keep, you can save the animation as an action or work with a copy of the scenes and then copy the animation to the new references from the original file.

Hope this helps.
thanks,i deleted all broken references and created new ones
My mistake was that i started point binding after making reference layers.
I
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Glad you got it figured out.

Yeah, referencing is awesome but until you get really familiar with how it works, you're probably going to make some 'dumb' mistakes. (I've certainly made my share.) :)