Select multiple shapes on same layer not working

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dch

Select multiple shapes on same layer not working

Post by dch »

Moho pro 12.4 build 22203
Win 10

The manual says that when using the "Select Shape" tool multiple shapes can be selected on the same layer by holding the shift key down.
This is not working for me. I can only select one shape at a time when using the "Select Shape" tool with the shift key.
Greenlaw

Re: Select multiple shapes on same layer not working

Post by Greenlaw »

The 'quick way' is to hold down the Shift key and drag the cursor over all the shapes you wish to select. For example, hold Shift and then 'scribble' over the art. Since there's no Select All Shapes command, this is how you select a bunch of shapes in a layer quickly.

If you want to select shapes individually, you should be able to hold Shift and click on each shape to add to the selection.

You can tell when a shape is selected by the red bounding box that appears around each shape. (Or the checkerboard pattern if you have that option enabled. (I personally prefer to leave it off...although the checkboard is easier to see if the shapes are all rectangular.)

Use Alt to individually- or multi-unselect.

Edit: I noticed you're a first-time poster so possibly a new user. Here's a tip: don't confuse shape selection with path selection. When you use Shape selection, the points will not be highlighted, just the shape itself by the previously mentioned red bounding box. When the points are highlighted, you have selected the points or the paths, and not necessarily the shape.

Hope this helps.
dch

Post by dch »

This is my first time to post but I have been using this software for 4 years.

I am using the select shape tool ( shortcut Q). When one shape is selected a checker board pattern appears over the Stroke and Fill of the shape. I just can't get the Shift click to select more than one shape at a time.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ok.

Hmm, that's really odd then. It's working here, same as in previous versions. Currently running 22203 on Windows 7 but I also run on Windows 10 at home.

Have you tried restoring keyboard shortcuts to default? Just a thought.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Do you have a modified select shape tool installed?
dch

Post by dch »

Wes, you hit the nail on the head.
I have an old select shape tool script installed.

The question now...is there a way to uninstall the tool?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I usually make a backup of my default and current tools folders so I can immediately regress if I run into a problem with a new script.

If you don't have a backup, you might have to do a re-install to get the native tool scripts. Should be okay to just overwrite but you'll have to re-apply any mods you wish to keep.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

If you installed the modded script to your custom content folder, just move it elsewhere.
If you replaced a stock tool and didn't back it up somewhere, you'll need to reinstall Moho.