Edit menu commands not working on Mac

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

vaviles

Edit menu commands not working on Mac

Post by vaviles »

I have Moho Pro 12.3 (Build 22065 - 64 bit). It was working fine... until yesterday. When I select some points or shape, the edit commands (copy, cut, peste, undo, etc.) do not work. Not in the menu, not using the shortcuts... I remember watching a youtube review some time ago and the guy talked about that bug, but I did not have that problem until yesterday. If I use any other applications, this commands work, which means it is not the computer, but the program. Is there any solution for that?
hayasidist

Re: Edit menu commands not working on Mac

Post by hayasidist »

there is a problem with this in 12.3 on a mac. It's a known issue - e.g. http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 7&p=179231
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, they're working on a fix. No announcement for release yet but it's coming.

I don't have a Mac but I heard it happens when switching between two open projects. Could you check that? If that's the case, for now you may have to work with only one project open until the fix arrives. (Or regress to an earlier version.)

Please post when you find out...the info may be helpful to other Mac users. Thanks.
vaviles

Post by vaviles »

Ok, something weird just happened: only one project was opened and the edit command were not working. Then I opened a second project and now they work on both projects!

Thanks for the replies!
vaviles

Post by vaviles »

This is how I can finally use the edit commands on Moho 12.3 with a Mac (I mostly use the shortcuts):

1. On the document I am working, I select the points I want to copy or cut.
2. If any of the edit commands does not work, I create a new document or open a new one.
3. Then I switch to the document I am working on and try again.
4. Most of the times the command works. If it does not work, I switch to the other document and then again to the document I am working on.
5. I keep doing this for any of the commands that do not work (select all, cut, copy, undo, redo, etc.).
6. Some time after doing this, all edit commands work!

Weird, isn't it?
chucky

Post by chucky »

Yep, that's weird