Floating Object

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Metoo

Floating Object

Post by Metoo »

Ok weird issue. I have a arm rig that is working very well. The only issue is the hand is floating away. :( :( :( :(
when the arm is in normal position the hand is in the right place. But when I raise the arm the hand floats away. There is no smartbones set, and the hand bonded to the hand bone. The hand layer does not have any random keyframe that would make it act strange. I cant figure out why its doing it.
Metoo

Re: Floating Object

Post by Metoo »

Image Image
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Check that the hand and bone layer are both at the same z-depth.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Could it be a binding problem? Maybe the hand's binding isn't limited to only the arm or hand bones, and/or one of your SBD bones has Strength? Try to exclude the influence of all other bones from the hand.

If there are any SBD's, set their strength to zero. If that's not it, try any of the following rigging techniques:

Based on what I see in your image, you could round out the wrist joint, align the axis in the rounded joints, add a patch, and then layer bind the hand to the hand bone. That should prevent bone influence on the hand from other bones.

Or, you could Point bind the end of the wrist to the forearm and then point bind the rest of the hand to the hand bone. If you use a smooth points at the ends, the bend should be smooth. As in the above, this will prevent other bone influences on the hand points.

Or, you can apply Use Selected Bones For Flexi-binding using only the forearm and hand bones for the hand art.

Or, you can join the shapes and just use Smooth Joint. But that will prevent you from using a Switch layer for hand shapes, if that's your intention.

Experiment and see what works best for the result you want. Good luck.
Metoo

Post by Metoo »

Thx greenlaw i tried and its all the same thing. Its still floating away. i will keep trying it.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Can you post the scene? Just the bones and the hand art is all you need to upload.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Did you check the z-depth of the hand layer? You can use the orbit tool to check real quick.
Metoo

Post by Metoo »

Beautiful!!!! Got it thanks for all the help as always you guy rock!!!!