Referenced Moho Object???

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

master2015hp

Referenced Moho Object???

Post by master2015hp »

Hi, i am not sure if it's a bug or it's normal behavior but i think that should be changed
Because there are something that won't be updated as Referenced Moho Object (When you import a Moho Object into another) is updated
- Layer Order : this won't update itself after i updated Referenced Link
- Bones' configures: for example bone dynamic setting, bone angle constraint setting ...
It's very inconvenient for those things to be not updated along :(((
synthsin75

Re: Referenced Moho Object???

Post by synthsin75 »

Only animated properties are referenced. Animated layer order should update when syncing the group layer.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

A neat trick that one of the Cartoon Saloon guys shared with me is to simply delete the contents of a referenced group that isn't updating as completely as you like. Then, when you update the reference for that group, it will replace all the layers properly, including the 'non-keyframeable' stuff. This is super useful when you've moved some layers into a new group inside the original's group--that can really confuse Moho.

Naturally, this doesn't help if you've already been animating the scene, but it's a good trick if the rig is still being updated in the early stages of animation.

If you do have a lot of animation on the layers you want to update and you're concerned about losing that animation, all is not lost. You can duplicate the rig and break the reference of the duplicate rig. Now you can update the first referenced rig to get the new layers with the 'non-keyframeable' revisions, and then copy/paste the keys from the 'broken' duplicate to the updated layers.
master2015hp

Post by master2015hp »

Thanks guys, delete and re-update seem does work but that will take a lots of time, i think Moho should change this :|
btw i don't really understand synthsin75 "Animated layer order should update when syncing the group layer"
How to sync a group layer? How do i do in this case it's a Bone Layer
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

You sync the layer order animation channel.
master2015hp

Post by master2015hp »

I am sorry but can you tell me in more detail (perhaps with pictures) please for how to sync a channel? I double checked Moho Pro and i cannot figure it out how to sync an animation channel
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

You can sync a channel on the Timeline. Just right-click over the un-synced channel's icon and the Sync Channel To Original option will appear. Select the option and the icon color should go back to normal and the channel should now be synced.

If you have a lot of channels to sync, you can right-click and choose the Consolidate option first, and then sync that single icon to sync all the channels. Don't forget to un-consolidate afterward.
master2015hp

Post by master2015hp »

Awesome, thank Greenlaw. I didn't know about Sync Channel function before, it such a handful feature :)
Thanks a lots Greenlaw & Sythsin75