MOHO is unstable

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nils

MOHO is unstable

Post by nils »

Hi,

I find MOHO 12.2 to unstable to work with. It crashes all the time
I'm working on a 2014 macbook pro i7 16 gb ram.
The latest crash came from duplicating a bone layer (a rig that i made) but i had numerous other crashes that happened without any specific reason other then 'working with the program'.
On the forum there are suggestions to uninstall and reinstall the program. Is there anyone know how to do that properly? i mean that just dragging the MOHO app out of the applications folder into the bin does not remove all the files that the program has installed (like settings ed) as far as i'm informed.

it would be nice if MOHO could offer some sort of trouble shoot/uninstall procedure when things got really messed up as in my case.

I'm thinking about quitting MOHO alltogether because i'm having this trouble for some time now.
I hope to find anyone who could help me with this.

Nils
Greenlaw

Re: MOHO is unstable

Post by Greenlaw »

Try turning off Autosave. We leave it disabled at my workplace because it makes the software unstable. This feature is currently not working properly anyway--the Autosave data is often corrupted.

Let me know if that helps. Apart from from the Auto-Save bug, Moho Pro 12.2 has been very stable for us. Just be sure to save incremental versions of your project files often, or enable Previous Versions in Windows. (We do both.)

If that doesn't help, try updating your graphics card driver.
nils

Re: MOHO is unstable

Post by nils »

Thanks!

I Uninstalled Moho, installed it again and switched off Autosave.
So far it only crashed once, but i'll test it for the next day's and see if the app will be more stable.

If the autosave button is the cause i hope they will fix it in the next update, until then i'm going to save as much as i can during animation.

Thanks!

Nils