Moho 12 switch layer bug

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

erikk

Moho 12 switch layer bug

Post by erikk »

I just figured out the ONLY thing that crashes Moho for me so far. Create a bunch of layers to be switch layers but so you can see them overlapping for ease of proper positioning. Then select those layers and use "Group with Selected" under the new layer drop-down. Then convert it to a Switch layer. Now try to animate that, especially with the Switch Selection tool.

Bang. Dead every single time.
Greenlaw

Re: Moho 12 switch layer bug

Post by Greenlaw »

I don't think I've run into that one, and I use Group With Selection all the time. Not sure what might cause the crash though.

Have you tried making a separate group, converting that into a Switch and then dragging the art into that layer?

Sometimes I'll make two groups, one a switch layer and the other a regular group layer, so I can essentially 'disable' the switch layer when I need to see all the drawing layers at once. So long as you don't add or delete layers, the Switch will retain its switch keyframes when you drag all the drawings from the regular layer back to it.
dueyftw

Re: Moho 12 switch layer bug

Post by dueyftw »

erikk wrote:I just figured out the ONLY thing that crashes Moho for me so far. Create a bunch of layers to be switch layers but so you can see them overlapping for ease of proper positioning. Then select those layers and use "Group with Selected" under the new layer drop-down. Then convert it to a Switch layer. Now try to animate that, especially with the Switch Selection tool.

Bang. Dead every single time.
I just tried it. No crash.

Dale