Smart Warp points jump off out of place

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GraphicAnime

Smart Warp points jump off out of place

Post by GraphicAnime »

Hello,

I have created control bones to control the smart warp points. When I attempt to tweak the smart warp points in the main timeline, the smart warp points would jump off to the side when I let go of it.

The smart warp points does not jump off when I'm tweaking the points in the actions window.

Thank You,
TheScar

Re: Smart Warp points jump off out of place

Post by TheScar »

Did you ever figure out what was causing this, or if it is just a bug to have to work around?
I'm now running into this problem and came to see if anyone else was dealing with this same issue. It happens to any points on my character that are under any sort of smart bone influence.
I was blaming it on the possibility that maybe my character is too complex but I'm not sure. I just know it is certainly a pain to fight with a point to get it where it needs to be. :?
Gaucho

Post by Gaucho »

TheScar wrote:Did you ever figure out what was causing this, or if it is just a bug to have to work around?
I'm now running into this problem and came to see if anyone else was dealing with this same issue. It happens to any points on my character that are under any sort of smart bone influence.
I was blaming it on the possibility that maybe my character is too complex but I'm not sure. I just know it is certainly a pain to fight with a point to get it where it needs to be. :?

Hello,
I am still having the same issue, particularly when two smart bones combine, i.e. one moves the head side to side and another up/down to achieve a diagonal down head position to the left.
Is there a way to temporary deactivate the smart bones in the timeline to then move the 'jumping points/curves' in a more controlled manner?
I'm using Moho Pro 12.2
Cheers
rafael

Post by rafael »

It's interesting that this happens when you "let go". I'm having issues that only happen when I let go of the blob brush tool.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Be careful using combined smart bones. The VI2 system is not design to combine them. You can get away with it if one bone on has X point animation and the next has on dry Y point animation.
Otherwise the animations will combine additively and cause your shapes to look odd. The only way to fix this would be a new feature that lets you create a new point animation for the combined smart bones.
I suggest you write to smith Micro for a feature request.
This has been requested recently a few times but Moho has a new development team now, who might not realise the importance of such a feature.