entering actions panel destroys character

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Reindeer

entering actions panel destroys character

Post by Reindeer »

I don't know if this is a bug or what but all of a sudden the smartbones of character have become impossible to edit.
After adding a new smartbone, here is what happens when I enter the various bones in the action panel. A total disintegration, an explosion of the character's vectors. That abstract painting in the uploaded picture was a complete character...
Back out of the actions panel, on the Mainline, he still works, but this means he's not editable anymore, which is a bad situation because I need to add movement capacities to him.

Image .
synthsin75

Re: entering actions panel destroys character

Post by synthsin75 »

Sounds like the new smart bone action got too many unintended bones keyframed.
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

synthsin75 wrote:Sounds like the new smart bone action got too many unintended bones keyframed.
If the smartbone is new, shouldn't it be unrelated to other bones? Also, the problem of the destruction of the artwork happens no matter what action or smartbone I double-click in the Actions panel. Even without adding a new smartbone, just opening an action will expose the haywire situation. Image
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Somewhere is probably a smart bone action that has all bones keyframed. If you need help troubleshooting, post the file.
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

synthsin75 wrote:Somewhere is probably a smart bone action that has all bones keyframed. If you need help troubleshooting, post the file.
Hmm, now that you mention it, I can see that when I double-click smartbone actions, a couple of smartbones (head turn and mouth up-down) go into in a non-neutral position. Which means, I suppose, that those two bones are influencing all others. I think that is what you mean.
I'll try isolating the problem. If I am desperate, I'll send the file :) thanks for the lead!