Moho 12.2 still crashes constantly

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Syncs

Re: Moho 12.2 still crashes constantly

Post by Syncs »

jahnocli wrote:This is just an observation. I can appreciate that you are frustrated and fed up with the software, but if your example video is titled "Why I'm quitting Moho", that's poor psychology if you are asking for help. It's difficult to see why people might want to help you if you're not going to be using the software in future. Have you contacted user support? They might have something constructive to offer.
Thanks for the advice

I thought long and hard about the title of my video and maybe not the best, i am seriously considering quitting using the program, so it is accurate, if it worked for me like it said on the tin, i would never consider quitting it as i really do like the work the people over at smith micro do in particular Moho, i have put an uncountable amount off hours into it trying to learn it the best i can as prior to me finding it a year ago i had absolutely no previous animation or rigging knowledge. I'm dreading the thought of having to do that again with a new program and learn from scratch. However i am trying todo a webseries and i can no longer move forward with it because of the constant crashes.

im fine if the people over at smith micro decide to not help me because im quitting a program i paid my hard earned money for that doesn't work, my goal was to highlight that there is a problem and if it prompts 1 person over at smith micro into looking into the crashing problem and maybe fix it not for me but the wider community im happy.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

As far as the layer ordering by smart bone, if you have any other smart bones with layer ordering keyframes for the same group, this will be a conflict.
Syncs

Post by Syncs »

synthsin75 wrote:As far as the layer ordering by smart bone, if you have any other smart bones with layer ordering keyframes for the same group, this will be a conflict.
Thanks, yes I know that rig has things built in to avoid the conflicts so I know it's not that. But thanks
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Syncs wrote:im fine if the people over at smith micro decide to not help me because im quitting a program i paid my hard earned money for that doesn't work, my goal was to highlight that there is a problem and if it prompts 1 person over at smith micro into looking into the crashing problem and maybe fix it not for me but the wider community im happy.
I feel your pain after watching the video.. but I believe that you still have not raised the issue directly with SM support? @ https://support.smithmicro.com/

You paid your money - you should get (request/demand) your support. This forum is not SM support.

Don't get me wrong. I think MH12 is weak when it comes to protecting itself against crashes and code violations. I can make the system crash easily in script - just by using a nil value instead of a valid integer when calling to some built-in functions.

There can be many reasons that a program will crash. And there can be something 'unique' about your projects or computer configuration - that trigger the issues. The sooner you get you config information and project source over to support - the sooner they can run it in debug mode and identify (and hopefully fix) the issue.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Benjamin Mitchley

Post by Benjamin Mitchley »

My latest crash.
Windows 10 Home, Intel i7, 64 bit, 8,00 GB ram, GeForce 950.
After animating characters in a project and saving the project by going to 'File' and then 'Save', program hangs 'not responding' and then encountered an error and needs to close program.
On reopening Moho Pro 12.2 and the project save, a window opens with:
'Moho-Could not open file-Error details-Failed to parse JSON document'

The file does not open at all.
The error was reported to Smith Micro Support and I'm waiting for a response.