"New brush" bug?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jahnocli

"New brush" bug?

Post by jahnocli »

I think I've discovered a bug, but I'd like to air it here before I submit a report to Smith Micro. As part of some work that I'm doing at present, I thought I'd design a brush on the fly to solve a little problem. I left the program open, designed the brush in another program, and then copied that brush to the Brushes folder.

Back in Moho, I looked for the brush, but of course it wasn't there, so I closed Moho down and re-opened it. The new brush was now available, so I tried it out. Worked fine. But now, whenever I try to save that file, I get a "The document wasn't saved properly" warning no matter what I do. Luckily I'm a little OCD when it comes to saving files, so I have previous versions that are OK, but this behaviour can't be normal. Anybody else can replicate this, or had similar problems? I'm using Windows 8, Moho 12.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
chucky

Re: "New brush" bug?

Post by chucky »

Yes I have seen this, I can't offer any wisdom yet though , just to say it has never stopped me actually saving the file in the long run, maybe I change the name or something or press the reload tools shortcut ( which I have as a macro on my smartphone- couldn't tell you the keys off the top of my head)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

It's Shift-Ctrl-Alt-L, isn't it? I think that reloads scripts in general.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Recently I've just been hitting this "not saved properly" issue more often than is pleasant. I'm really not sure what exactly is causing the problem - I'm working back and forth between IE, PS and Moho with a lot of image cut/paste etc

what I did as a work-round was rename the file on disk and then save...

but I found this: http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 4&p=154543 and the next time I did as suggested and killed off the COM Surrogate tasks.. all worked fine after that.

@john -- so it's still happening - did you submit a bug report??? (if not, I will...)
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

hayasidist wrote:Recently I've just been hitting this "not saved properly" issue more often than is pleasant. I'm really not sure what exactly is causing the problem - I'm working back and forth between IE, PS and Moho with a lot of image cut/paste etc

what I did as a work-round was rename the file on disk and then save...

but I found this: http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 4&p=154543 and the next time I did as suggested and killed off the COM Surrogate tasks.. all worked fine after that.

@john -- so it's still happening - did you submit a bug report??? (if not, I will...)
No, I didn't submit a bug report -- I'm quite wary about that, because stuff like this is usually user error for me! Luckily, (touch wood!) it has only happened that one time. It is odd though, isn't it?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?