Particle Systems and Motion Blur

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

johndivy

Particle Systems and Motion Blur

Post by johndivy »

I'm trying to animate a flock of birds essentially flying randomly, and I'm experiencing a problem with motion blur and particle systems.
Forgive if something's been posted before, but I wasn't able to dig it up in a timely fashion.

The birds are animated, linked to a path, set into a particle system with depth with life 0, etc. etc. - the system looks great, and with a little tweaking (and some additional rigged birds) will give the effect wanted, certainly. But I wanted to apply interframe motion blur to increase the illusion of having birds flying around, especially when they are near the camera.

So, If I apply motion blur to the particle system, the movie renders without motion blur.
If I apply it to the object, the movie renders WITH motion blur, but with all of the objects ignoring "Randomize Playback", so all the birds are flying in sync on the same position on the path (the paths are spread out, but the effect is just shy of Birdemic)

If it works, here is a link to the zip file containing all assets:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zf5s9t62m5868 ... t.zip?dl=0

The Moho file already has some settings for motion blur, but none of the layers has it turned on.
The problem persists if multi-threaded rendering is turned off.
I had a similar problem with vectors on a path, linked to a particle system (no blur if clicked on the particle system, lined-up objects if checked on the object)

I assume this is an old issue, but I haven't seen any info through Google nor on a direct search of this site.