Moho doesn't update properly for me.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

tendropchris

Moho doesn't update properly for me.

Post by tendropchris »

Moho doesn't update properly for me

I bought Moho Pro 12 for my new Window 7 PC, after using an old outdated version of Flash. Haven't really done any tutorials or major projects yet, but I have played around with the free content. But it seems to have a problem with updating.

The first update (12 1-I think) downloads, it recommended uninstalling the old version so it could install the new one. I let it do that and while it did uninstall the old version, the new version wouldn't install. I had to load it from the DVD again.

When I tried it again with the latest one, I told it not to uninstall the old version. It downloaded the update and seemingly corrupted the program so I had to manually uninstall Moho and reinstall it again from the DVD.

Anyone else have this problem? I've done updated for other programs so I don't think its the firewall or virus protection program. Anyone else have trouble like this?
Greenlaw

Re: Moho doesn't update properly for me.

Post by Greenlaw »

That does sound very strange.

Have you tried downloading the latest Moho 12 installer and installing from scratch? If you download the 'trial' and use your serial number, it should install the latest version. Then, you should be able to update from within the program when a new version comes out. Be sure to download the correct installer version for your license (Debut or Pro.)

Note that you might possibly 'lose' an activation by doing this but you can recover the activation through your user account. (Assuming you've activated the license manager account.)

Hope this helps.
tendropchris

Post by tendropchris »

Note that you might possibly 'lose' an activation by doing this but you can recover the activation through your user account. (Assuming you've activated the license manager account.)
I just went to the license manager through Moho and set up an account. For the license, what number is it that I use. Its not the same as the serial number is it? (I bought a physical copy of the software so 'm looking at the box)

As for the name and license number-am I supposed to come up with ones myself?

I don't have any other accounts with SmithMicro software.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I think the license number should be on a card that came in the DVD box. I guess it might be called serial number too. It's the number you use to activate Moho.
tendropchris

Post by tendropchris »

Thanks. That seems to have worked. I really won''t know until I get the next update, but right now I've got the latest version and its the full program I bought.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Glad you got it working!

If you have auto-update enabled, the program will alert you when there's a new version and give you the option to automatically download and install it.