Text Box Issues

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Text Box Issues

Post by DK »

Hi,
Making a TV commercial the other day where I had to insert a rather large block of disclaimer text.
I copied the text and pasted it into the Moho text interface and Moho could not handle it at all and
kept freezing up. I accepted this, closed down Moho with Task manager and punched out the text in
CorelDraw as a transparent png imported into back Moho. No probs, BUT....... here's where it gets
REALLY BAD!
Every time I tried to open up the Moho text dialogue, the large block of text I had originally pasted in
kept coming up automatically and freezing/slowing up Moho till it basically came to a standstill....
I waited for about 20 minutes and finally Moho caught up and I managed to manually delete the huge
block of text out of Moho's memory. Now what would have happened if I had pasted, accidentally, an
even larger block of text into the Moho text dialogue? The software would have been in complete lock
up unless there was a way to purge Moho's text memory externally.
Any ideas on this?

Cheers
D.K
synthsin75

Re: Text Box Issues

Post by synthsin75 »

You can clear that text input externally. Just search for "InsertTextText" in this file: C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\Smith Micro\Moho Pro\12\Moho Pro12.user.settings
DK

Post by DK »

Brilliant Wes. Thanks for that.
I do think an auto clear text function on Moho closure would be a good idea for those unfamiliar with your technique though.

Cheers
D.K
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

DK wrote:Brilliant Wes. Thanks for that.
I do think an auto clear text function on Moho closure would be a good idea for those unfamiliar with your technique though.
Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would need that text to be saved between sessions.