Failed to open file: Details: Failed to parse JSON document

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mdmodeler

Failed to open file: Details: Failed to parse JSON document

Post by mdmodeler »

I was working on a file then I think it may have crashed while it was doing the autosave. Normally after a crash, the program is aware of it and brings up the recovery file. However, this time it didn't bring up the recovery file but instead displayed the error in the subject:
Failed to open file:
Error Details: Failed to parse JSON document
I tried opening the original file now a couple of times with no luck. Same error message.

Is there any way to get the recovery file?

Moho Pro 12.2
Windows 7

Update:
Well the original file is gone. It's 0 bytes in length :( I'm hoping there is a recovery file out there somewhere. I have a back up copy but it's 4 days old.
synthsin75

Re: Failed to open file: Details: Failed to parse JSON docum

Post by synthsin75 »

Check here for autosaves in Windows: C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\Smith Micro\Moho Pro\12\Autosave
mdmodeler

Re: Failed to open file: Details: Failed to parse JSON docum

Post by mdmodeler »

synthsin75 wrote:Check here for autosaves in Windows: C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\Smith Micro\Moho Pro\12\Autosave
@synthsin75: Good to know where the autosaves are - thank you. However, it looks like this file only had one layer from my animation. I haven't worked with Anime Studio Pro since 10 and before when it was originally called Moho. There were crashes back then too but there appear to be more crashes with 12 IMHO. But I love the features in 12.