Unremovable Gradient Effect (Moho Pro 12.1)

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Pierre Gombaud

Unremovable Gradient Effect (Moho Pro 12.1)

Post by Pierre Gombaud »

1 - Create a shape, apply a gradient effect.
2 - turn off fill and stroke on this shape.
3 - add points to it, to get a bigger shape for instance.
4 - fill each part using the "create shape" tool. As gradient effect is still active, it will be applied on each part.
5 - The original gradient controller (the thing to move and scale the gradient) is still here and cannot be removed!
6 - ???
7 - Profit!

Here is a video of the bug in action: https://vid.me/r0lr

I'm using Moho Pro 12.1 64 bit, on Windows 10.
Last edited by Pierre Gombaud on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
synthsin75

Re: Unremovable Gradient Effect (Moho Pro 12.1)

Post by synthsin75 »

This is why the option to Auto-name new shapes is important, IMO. Even with fill/stroke disabled, you can still select a named shape in the Style window drop down (top of window in advanced mode). Then you can either enable fill/stroke or just delete it.
Pierre Gombaud

Post by Pierre Gombaud »

Sure Synthsin, but I've got to admit I barely use the shape naming (as I rarely need to).
This is not a "game breaking" glitch, it is just annoying to not be able to get rid of this controller.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Considering having auto-named shapes doesn't really effect anything unless you need them, and go looking for them, I'm not sure why this option isn't on by default. But there really shouldn't be any need to disable both fill & stroke for a shape, rather than just delete it, either.