Fatal error occurred loading the application

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

adark0

Fatal error occurred loading the application

Post by adark0 »

hey guys
i had this problem today
Moho don't want to open i tried to uninstall and install again, it doesn't change the same error happen every time
Moho was working fine for 15 days, then this happen without installing any update for windows or anything

this screenshot for the error :
http://imgur.com/irKdLcy

PS : "sorry for my bad English"
synthsin75

Re: Fatal error occurred loading the application

Post by synthsin75 »

Have you tried rebooting your OS?
adark0

Post by adark0 »

synthsin75 wrote:Have you tried rebooting your OS?
Yes i did nothing changed
adark0

Post by adark0 »

i reinstall my anime studio 11.2 and it's working fine so the problem happen in Moho 12 only
PRIMAL MORON

Post by PRIMAL MORON »

This is fairly technical, but it is fixable, here's the current fix:

The problem lies in the program data folder, to fix it, you're gonna have to go into "C:\ProgramData" and delete the whole "Smith Micro" folder, or, you can delete "Moho" "Moho Debut" and "Moho Pro" Folders within. By doing this, you are removing the fatal error issue, which seems to be linked to serials or something inside the program data itself (Way to go, Smith Micro! /sarcasm/) if you delete these 3 folders, it will remove your serial from the computer though, so you will have to start up by entering your registration data in demo mode to unlock it. It should be noted that your settings, certain features, and your defaults for the preferences will remain unchanged if you do this, because those setting are in yet another folder, called "C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Smith Micro" Which is where they used to store serial data (prior to 12.0) but you don't really need to mess with that one to fix this specific problem, I just wanted you to know your settings are safe.

Now, these folders by default are hidden, meaning if you can't see them where i said they are, there's a setting you have to change to expose them. To make hidden folders visible, you have to go to control panel > search "Hidden" and "Show Hidden Files and folders" go down in that menu to "hidden files and folders" and push the circle button that says "Show hidden folders, files, and drives" once you press that and click "Ok" go back to "C:\ProgramData" and you'll see a folder icon that looks like it's ghosted, this is a hidden folder. go inside and delete the "Smith Micro" folder or the specific ones i mentioned above for just Moho. (So you don't remove all the serial data from all smith micro programs, if you got more.) Also, hidden folders are normally hidden to prevent users from messing with them by default so someone who's not into tech much can't mess up programs. (Which is ironic because this is also how you fix some...)

And please tell me if it works for you, this happened to me when i system restored on my current windows 10 laptop, so i am all about helping out with this fix, cuz i know some of the technical sides of this.

Good luck,
-Matt
adark0

Post by adark0 »

PRIMAL MORON wrote:This is fairly technical, but it is fixable, here's the current fix:

The problem lies in the program data folder, to fix it, you're gonna have to go into "C:\ProgramData" and delete the whole "Smith Micro" folder, or, you can delete "Moho" "Moho Debut" and "Moho Pro" Folders within. By doing this, you are removing the fatal error issue, which seems to be linked to serials or something inside the program data itself (Way to go, Smith Micro! /sarcasm/) if you delete these 3 folders, it will remove your serial from the computer though, so you will have to start up by entering your registration data in demo mode to unlock it. It should be noted that your settings, certain features, and your defaults for the preferences will remain unchanged if you do this, because those setting are in yet another folder, called "C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Smith Micro" Which is where they used to store serial data (prior to 12.0) but you don't really need to mess with that one to fix this specific problem, I just wanted you to know your settings are safe.

Now, these folders by default are hidden, meaning if you can't see them where i said they are, there's a setting you have to change to expose them. To make hidden folders visible, you have to go to control panel > search "Hidden" and "Show Hidden Files and folders" go down in that menu to "hidden files and folders" and push the circle button that says "Show hidden folders, files, and drives" once you press that and click "Ok" go back to "C:\ProgramData" and you'll see a folder icon that looks like it's ghosted, this is a hidden folder. go inside and delete the "Smith Micro" folder or the specific ones i mentioned above for just Moho. (So you don't remove all the serial data from all smith micro programs, if you got more.) Also, hidden folders are normally hidden to prevent users from messing with them by default so someone who's not into tech much can't mess up programs. (Which is ironic because this is also how you fix some...)

And please tell me if it works for you, this happened to me when i system restored on my current windows 10 laptop, so i am all about helping out with this fix, cuz i know some of the technical sides of this.

Good luck,
-Matt
DUDE DUUUUUDE DUUUDE YOU ARE A LEGEND
Thank you very much man it's works
everything back then i entered my serial number again and BOOM back to work again just like dat <3
thank you again man I'm so grateful <3
cableon

Post by cableon »

Hi,
Any clue as to an equivalent on Mac ? Same problem here, after reinstalling my system. :/
MilesTheCreator

Post by MilesTheCreator »

PRIMAL MORON wrote:This is fairly technical, but it is fixable, here's the current fix:

Good luck,
-Matt
I had the same problem today and I tried this fix, THANKS MAN!!! :D
oferhod

Post by oferhod »

Thanks!
Doesn't solve this problem at my pc :(
oferhod

Post by oferhod »

Here is my error:
http://imgur.com/a/9NKc9
Lychee

Post by Lychee »

Thanks Primal Moron, it's works for me too, you save my life. :D
cableon

Post by cableon »

Hi every one,

any hints as to prevent that same error from happening on OS X, too ?

I have just restored OS X Sierra (clean install + Time Machine backup), and Moho firstly crashed whenever I picked a custom content folder (or postponed it).

Now I have that same "Fatal error occurred loading the application" displayed at once (right when opening the app) no matter how many clean uninstalls / reinstalls (Appcleaner + all prefs & Smithmicro folder removed), without even letting me choose the custom content folder.

Is there anything I might have neglected to install Moho12MacESD.dmg and have Moho 12 run normally ? Those errors never happened to me before.

Thanks!
cableon

Post by cableon »

Forget my message -- problem solved, had to empty some cache.
Moho 12 now works perfectly fine again! :)
vale

Post by vale »

PRIMAL MORON wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:56 pm This is fairly technical, but it is fixable, here's the current fix:

Good luck,
-Matt

Gracias!
The only way is doing all this.

THANX! U
CartoonM!ke

Post by CartoonM!ke »

And, FYI, this issue is still happening with Moho 13.5, and the solution also still works with Windows 10.
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
"Of course I encourage kids to walk on my lawn. I mean, how else can I test out the death traps?"