Weird thing with Duplicate Layer

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Reindeer

Weird thing with Duplicate Layer

Post by Reindeer »

A strange thing occurred today (using Moho 12). I have a fully rigged and nicely working character which I want to duplicate. So, I choose Duplicate Layer (the Layer being, of course, the character's bone layer). The character regularly copies as 'character 2', except for some reason the copy's rigging goes all wrong. A whole bunch of his body parts have come un-bound to their bones.
Now, here's the weird thing: if instead of using Duplicate Layer I use Copy Layer and Paste Layer, I get a perfectly functional copy of the character, as expected. Why would that be?
Last edited by Reindeer on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emartin

Re: Weird thing with Duplicate Layer

Post by emartin »

Reindeer wrote:A strange thing occurred today (using Moho 12). I have a fully rigged and nicely working character which I want to duplicate. So, I choose Duplicate Layer (the Layer being, of course, the character's bone layer). The character regularly copies as 'character 2', except for some reason the copy's rigging goes all wrong. A whole bunch of his body parts have come un-parented to their bones.
Now, here's the weird thing: if instead of using Duplicate Layer I use Copy Layer and Paste Layer, I get a perfectly functional copy of the character, as expected. Why would that be?
Thanks Reindeer for reporting as well as your workaround. This is definitely a bug in 12.0. Looking at the change notes, it was already fixed for 12.1.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, great workaround! Thanks for posting the tip. (I'm actually going to need that today.) :)
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

emartin wrote:
Reindeer wrote:A strange thing occurred today (using Moho 12). I have a fully rigged and nicely working character which I want to duplicate. So, I choose Duplicate Layer (the Layer being, of course, the character's bone layer). The character regularly copies as 'character 2', except for some reason the copy's rigging goes all wrong. A whole bunch of his body parts have come un-parented to their bones.
Thanks Reindeer for reporting as well as your workaround. This is definitely a bug in 12.0. Looking at the change notes, it was already fixed for 12.1.

Good to know it's solved. Thank you for the reply!
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

Greenlaw wrote:Yes, great workaround! Thanks for posting the tip. (I'm actually going to need that today.) :)
Yup! It saved my day, yesterday, as I had a scene made up of ten different cloned characters.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

Had this happen to me in Pro 13 today. Thankfully the OP's workaround still works. I never would have thought of it myself, so thanks Reindeer. You've saved me a whole lot of rigging. :D
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

Mad Dog wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:16 am Had this happen to me in Pro 13 today. Thankfully the OP's workaround still works. I never would have thought of it myself, so thanks Reindeer. You've saved me a whole lot of rigging. :D
Great! Happy it worked! :)