Moho 12, several problems....

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eric1223

Moho 12, several problems....

Post by eric1223 »

Moho 12 and 64 bit
Windows 10
intel(R) Core (TM ) i5-4460

Despite some of the cool things with this program, I'm having several problems. Big problems.

1. I pinned this program to the task bar. When I click it, it cannot find the previous files that I've worked on. It says my file has been moved or renamed, but that's not true. Even if I just saved it there, it still can't find it.

2. Doesn't "select all Keyframe to the right" correctly. It either not does it at all, or skips some.

3. Importing a character from a older file messes up the rig. I had to rerig my character, and tune up some of his actions, even though previously it was exactly how I wanted it to be.

4. Constant crashes. This is making it impossible to work with. That character that I mentioned earlier...every time I click that character layer (Gumball) He crashes the whole program. Can't even edit it, or remove it. If I try either 32 or 64 bit, it gets the same results.
synthsin75

Re: Moho 12, several problems....

Post by synthsin75 »

1. Not seeing this here. Pinned to task bar or not, Moho finds recent files just fine.
2. This is a known, reported issue.
3. Would have to see the file to troubleshoot.
4. Would have to see the file to troubleshoot.
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

synthsin75 wrote:1. Not seeing this here. Pinned to task bar or not, Moho finds recent files just fine.
2. This is a known, reported issue.
3. Would have to see the file to troubleshoot.
4. Would have to see the file to troubleshoot.
Quick response! Thanks.
1. Maybe I would have to reinstall it. I'll give it a shot after I get back.
2. Thanks for clearing that up.
3. It will take some time to get both files to you. I can post it after I get back home.
4. Here is the file where it keeps crashing https://www.dropbox.com/s/fo83yc3ku55y6 ... .moho?dl=0

Thanks again in advance synthsin75
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Okay, I think I've figured out your #4 problem.
Solution:
1. On the Gumball layer, click the layer translation channel icon to select all its keyframes.
2. Hit delete.

Somehow that channel had gotten fouled up, but I haven't figured out how yet.
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

synthsin75 wrote:Okay, I think I've figured out your #4 problem.
Solution:
1. On the Gumball layer, click the layer translation channel icon to select all its keyframes.
2. Hit delete.

Somehow that channel had gotten fouled up, but I haven't figured out how yet.
First, I'd like to thank you synth for solving the 4th problem that I had. Thanks alot!

For the first one, uninstalling it and reinstalling it again didn't fix the problem. I even reinstalled asp 11 to see if it was a system problem, but ASP 11 was able to open the files that were previously used.

But the third one...It seems like it only did it for this file. I opened up a new document and imported the exact same Gumball (The same one u helped out with) layer for each version. They animated exactly the way they were supposed to.

Again thanks for the help. What was really bothering me was number 2 and number 4.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

eric1223 wrote:First, I'd like to thank you synth for solving the 4th problem that I had. Thanks alot!

For the first one, uninstalling it and reinstalling it again didn't fix the problem. I even reinstalled asp 11 to see if it was a system problem, but ASP 11 was able to open the files that were previously used.

But the third one...It seems like it only did it for this file. I opened up a new document and imported the exact same Gumball (The same one u helped out with) layer for each version. They animated exactly the way they were supposed to.

Again thanks for the help. What was really bothering me was number 2 and number 4.
Glad I could help.

For #3, are you saving a file after opening? I believe Moho only updates the recently opened file list when you save a file. If that doesn't work, does Moho remember other preference settings, like UI brightness? If not, it may be some kind of permission issue with the file Moho saves the preferences to.
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

synthsin75 wrote:
For #3, are you saving a file after opening? I believe Moho only updates the recently opened file list when you save a file. If that doesn't work, does Moho remember other preference settings, like UI brightness? If not, it may be some kind of permission issue with the file Moho saves the preferences to.
I saved right after the import. Every major change I do its like an auto ctrl+s for me. :) I've imported the same gumball in this file, but this time I'm not having any binding problems.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

eric1223 wrote:
synthsin75 wrote:
I saved right after the import. Every major change I do its like an auto ctrl+s for me. :) I've imported the same gumball in this file, but this time I'm not having any binding problems.
Oops, I meant #1 problem.
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

synthsin75 wrote: Oops, I meant #1 problem.

Oh. Yes I just made one file and saved to test this out. It can't find the saved file despite that it's right there in the "recent" list. It remembers preference settings, and even onion skins.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Sounds like some permissions setting of your OS. Does it do the same thing if you pin the exe instead of the shortcut to the task bar?
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

synthsin75 wrote:Sounds like some permissions setting of your OS. Does it do the same thing if you pin the exe instead of the shortcut to the task bar?
It does the exact same thing with the .exe file. But AS 11 still finds the most recent files with no problem. Also, other (like FL) Still finds the most recent files The weird thing about that is I've never changed recent setting since...well ever! :) Also note that Moho finds them from within its program, but within the task bar.

This right here is very trivial for now, probably not in the future. Could you try to update MOHO to see if you get an "Update Error!" message. I mean, of course we can't update it now because its new. I'm getting this message that says I'm not connected to the internet. In previous versions it would tell us that your up to date. If everyone is getting this message, I'd know its not exclusive to me (like this taskbar thing) :roll: .
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

If Moho finds them from within the program, Moho is working correctly. Your OS is what handles any external recent files list, but taskbar jump lists for Moho work fine here, on Windows 8.

It seems the jump list files can get corrupted. Instructions to rebuild it for Win 7: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-taskb ... -windows-7
And Win 8: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/96 ... s-8-a.html

I know someone else has seen the update error, but it works fine for me. I don't know how Moho is setting the firewall exception that allows it to communicate online. I've asked, but no rely so far.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

eric1223, I'm trying to help a developer figure out the update problem. What country do you live in, and can you access http://www.smithmicro.com/ ?
carfer

Post by carfer »

I'm finding the same problem. No trouble accessing smithmicro.com, but Moho 12 cannot check for updates. I guess the country is irrelevant, because I was unable to access from Lisbon, Portugal, as well as from Paris, France.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

carfer wrote:I'm finding the same problem. No trouble accessing smithmicro.com, but Moho 12 cannot check for updates. I guess the country is irrelevant, because I was unable to access from Lisbon, Portugal, as well as from Paris, France.
Thank you. I'll pass that info along to the developers.