Some layers are not affected by smartbones

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

extantwisdomx2

Some layers are not affected by smartbones

Post by extantwisdomx2 »

I have two smartbones that when I attempt to use them nothing happens. Other then these two dials all other smartbones work.
synthsin75

Re: Some layers are not affected by smartbones

Post by synthsin75 »

Not enough info. Maybe the actions are not named the exact same as the bones.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Check if the action exists on each layer from the bone layer which contains the smartbone down to the layers that aren't working. Maybe you created a group later on and re-ordered some layers, and the grouplayer doesn't have the action on it?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

If an internal group/bone layer is bound to a bone, the Smart Bones won't be able to move the layers that are inside of it.
Maybe that is your problem.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Here's something you could check:

Last year, I had a smart bone that refused to work and it made me nuts for a good while before I figured out what happened. It turned out that Anime Studio allowed me to create a bone with a name that was already in use by another bone, so naturally the action did not work because of the conflict. What tripped me up was that ASP did not append the bone name with an underscore/number immediately so, as far as I knew, I had created a unique bone name. It was only after I saved and reopened that document that ASP had added the proper '_#' to the bone name. Once I created the Smart Bone action with the real name of the new bone, it worked just fine.

I had almost forgotten about this error but this morning I renamed a bunch of bones 'tail' and ASP accepted this without immediately renaming them tail_1, tail_2, etc. Just like the last time, it was only after closing and reopening the scene when the tail bone names got properly updated with the numbers.

I'm not sure this is actually a bug but it's something to be aware of.