they put me on "DEMO MODE" remotely

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

KimsCreativeHub

they put me on "DEMO MODE" remotely

Post by KimsCreativeHub »

I am frustrated as they put me on "DEMO MODE" remotely on both my main machine and laptop! I love this program, but stuff like this makes me want to learn another program, has this happened to others???
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: they put me on "DEMO MODE" remotely

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi Kim,
Could you send me an e-mail to vparedes@smithmicro.com?
I will try to help you.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
KimsCreativeHub

Post by KimsCreativeHub »

Hi Victor,

Thank you too much for your response. I did get a quick response from support, turns out that if you update your os (for me thats mac) it can happen, it was really nice to get quick help and am up and running again, but it would be better that it didn't happen.

Has any one else had this happen?

By the way I did do some looking around and nothing compares to Anime for: features (flash lacking), price, and ease of use.

Thanks again Victor :)
Lando1979lakes

Post by Lando1979lakes »

The same thing happened to me recently after a windows update. I've been locked out of my copy of Anime Studio 10 debut. It happened on a saturday so I don't know if that effects anything, but it seems like tech support is dragging its feet on turning off my activations.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That happened on one of my computers when I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10. The way to avoid it is to deactivate your license before making the OS upgrade--then you can re-activate after the task is done. This shouldn't happen for minor OS updates though, just major ones.

BTW, you can now deactivate all license activations from your user account when you need to move or 'refresh' your activations. This DIY method can be quicker than relying on tech support. This might be a new 12 feature but I think it was available to 11 users too.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Greenlaw wrote:BTW, you can now deactivate all license activations from your user account when you need to move or 'refresh' your activations. This DIY method can be quicker than relying on tech support. This might be a new 12 feature but I think it was available to 11 users too.
Yeah, i just verified that v11.2 does have the same license manager option.
Lebostein

Post by Lebostein »

DRM is the most annoying thing in the world of software. The honest buyers have to deal with registration problems. And the software pirat laughs because he can use the software without any registration procedures.... Why you annoy your honest buyers? Remove that DRM crap and your costumers can use the software without problems. You can not prevent software piracy with DRM! The only thing that DRM causes is to annoy the honest costumers.