Is this a bug in AS layers out of focus (UPDATED)

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

muddcliff

Is this a bug in AS layers out of focus (UPDATED)

Post by muddcliff »

Sorry for the large images.
Background: my animations are all done with png images layered on top of each other.
They are fairly large images so I can get in close.

In this example the body, head, eyes(switch) and mouth (switch) are all different layers.

The first two images are done on 32 bit Windows 7 Intel CPU 4 gig ram the latest version of AS Pro 11
The last image 64 Bit Windows 7 AMD CPU some sort of GPU 4 gig ram AS Pro 11.1 16926 (I don't think makes a difference)

Other things I have noticed on 32 bit.
If I drag and drop a certain image crashes.
Crashes on mutlithreading renders, fine when unchecked, Also in batch mode crashes.
This video would crash on the 32 bit mutlithreaded but ran fine multithreaded on the 64 bit.

Pic1 32 bit
Pic2 same 32 bit video few seconds later
Pic3 same project file just tried on an older slower computer running 64 bit

Any insights would be helpful.
Guess it's time to upgrade to Windows 10/64 bit

**** UPDATE ****
This is DEFINITELY a 32bit issue.
I tested another file on the same machine one in 32bit and then 64bit. v11.1 build 16926
The 64bit had no focus issues, the 32bit had the focus issues. AMD machine as above.
See hand images well below.
This video composed of 340 images being exposed at different times as the hand draws over it.
On disk it was 60mb of images.
And this file crashed in 32bit multithreaded mode and ran fine 64bit multithreaded.