SwitchLayer Bug

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Stefanimator

SwitchLayer Bug

Post by Stefanimator »

I have been trying to make a switch layer of several vector layers. When I drag the vector layers on to the Switch layers. All of the vector layers are not visible on my canvas.
Does anyone have this same issue? I Have Anime Studio Pro 11.2
Lukas

Re: SwitchLayer Bug

Post by Lukas »

The viewport will only show the selected layer within a Switch-layer. If you have no layer from the Switch selected, the current active layer will show.

If you want to see all layers at the same time, I recommend putting them in a regular Group layer, and when you're done with them, turn the Group into a Switch by right clicking it and selecting "Convert to Switch".
Stefanimator

Post by Stefanimator »

Hello Lukas, Thanks for the reply. I know that the viewport will show the selected layer. That always worked for me. I now made a new file with a test of vector layers in a Switch layer and that works fine. The project I am working on right now has the problem.I copied a vector layer from another ASP file. As a separate vector layer I can see it, but when I drag it onto my Switch layer it disappears. I tried it with a group layer as well. Same problem.

I think there are still some things attached to it from the other ASP file.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

It's hard to pinpoint the problem without seeing the file, but it sounds like there might be some masking settings on the copied layer still active. Have you tried disabling all masking?
Stefanimator

Post by Stefanimator »

There is no masking in the vector layer. I can send you the file, but it also has PNG's attached to it. Maybe I can call you, I am in the Netherlands as well! ;)
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

I could have a look if you want :) lukas@frameorder.nl (You can probably send it without the .png files if the problematic layer is a vector layer)
Stefanimator

Post by Stefanimator »

OK, Thanks, I will send the files to you!
Stefanimator

Post by Stefanimator »

Thanks Lukas for looking at the file and the solution!
Solution: I copied a vector layer from another ASP file and copied the Z-position with it. The Z -scale was set behind the camera of ASP. That is why the file disappeared from view. I changed the Z position to zero and now the vector file appears again in view.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

:D