Freehand tool, and select shape fill problem.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eric1223

Freehand tool, and select shape fill problem.

Post by eric1223 »

Hi. I am using ASP 11.2 and there is this bug that I've noticed with the select shape tool and freehand tool. For some reason, it will not let me fill in the shape if I just have on auto wield, and strokes only. the fill tick mark is grayed out.

1. Make a circle with auto weild, and stroke only. Make complete shape.
2. Select the shape with the select shape tool and try to fill.

Though this is minor, since there i really simple workaround this. Just use the paint bucket tool and it should be okay. You could also delete the shape, then recolor it but why? :wink:

P.S Oh yeah, it does the same thing with merge strokes on too.
Hoptoad

Re: Freehand tool, and select shape fill problem.

Post by Hoptoad »

This is how I would fill the shape in your example: use the select points tool to select all the points in the circle (the create shape tool is now available); use the create shape tool.
eric1223

Re: Freehand tool, and select shape fill problem.

Post by eric1223 »

Hoptoad wrote:This is how I would fill the shape in your example: use the select points tool to select all the points in the circle (the create shape tool is now available); use the create shape tool.
Thanks. But trust me, I understand that. That's what I have to do sometimes. I'd rather recolor a shape than recreate one over it, especially if i have it named.

I'm mostly pointing this out for when I use frame by frame layers. Using the paint bucket tool would be easier for this work around. Usually, I draw in black, then fill multi shapes at the same time with the same style.