Crashing while using Physics

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Little Yamori

Crashing while using Physics

Post by Little Yamori »

Recently began using my new ASP 11, and have been doing Guyer93's "Fun with Physics" tutorial, but 10 times the program crashed while processing the RT: Break Apart Shapes, I get the Windows pop up window "Anime Studio Pro 11.1.0 has stopped working, a problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

Has this happened to anyone, and is there a way to work around this?

Thx

LY
specialoh

Re: Crashing while using Physics

Post by specialoh »

yea why is does this??? i want my money back if i cant use it ima email them
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I'm sorry about the crash. There's a problem with the script and I can reproduce the problem.
Luckily, there is a solution: In the script dialog, check "Create separate geometry for each shape". That stops the crash here.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Víctor Paredes wrote:I'm sorry about the crash. There's a problem with the script and I can reproduce the problem.
Luckily, there is a solution: In the script dialog, check "Create separate geometry for each shape". That stops the crash here.
Thanks for the response Victor

I tried that and it was "Better", as long as I didn't create so many shapes, but if I repeated the number of shapes that were in the tutorial (the one where all the little blocks get blown apart by a bullet) that's when I noticed the program glitch when it was making all the separate layers for each shape. So I've found a way around it if I keep the affected shapes in a smaller number range. I'll try again in 11.2 to see if it's improved some more.

Thx for looking into this

LY