exclude strokes bug

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Re: exclude strokes bug

Post by synthsin75 »

Keith.D.C wrote:I already told you what I was trying to do.
If you won't show a file or answer questions, I can only assume you are determined to stay disgruntled...and afraid to be proven wrong. Have a good night.
Keith.D.C

Post by Keith.D.C »

synthsin75 wrote:
Keith.D.C wrote:I already told you what I was trying to do.
If you won't show a file or answer questions, I can only assume you are determined to stay disgruntled...and afraid to be proven wrong. Have a good night.

Afraid to be proven wrong? Did you not see the damn link I posted? lol Why the hell would I be "afraid to be proven wrong"? Maybe you're Afraid to be proven wrong about this so call solution of yours. It won't always work. Maybe you need to a close up on the image.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/288 ... 20eyes.png
Keith.D.C

Post by Keith.D.C »

Keith.D.C

Post by Keith.D.C »

And you're damn right I'm disgruntled lol. If I pay this much for something, I expect for it to work. just saiyan.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Finally. I can only tell so much from a picture. Why do you have two group layers, when the second one masks the whole layer?
Keith.D.C

Post by Keith.D.C »

synthsin75 wrote:
Finally. I can only tell so much from a picture. Why do you have two group layers, when the second one masks the whole layer?

Because I can? Is there something I miss from anime studio telling us I can't have it setup that way? If so, Please show me.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Keith.D.C wrote:
synthsin75 wrote:Finally. I can only tell so much from a picture. Why do you have two group layers, when the second one masks the whole layer?

Because I can? Is there something I miss from anime studio telling us I can't have it setup that way? If so, Please show me.
As with any software, needless complexity can be detrimental. AS/Moho has always had the flexibility to do things many ways. So is this specific setup really necessary, or could a different setup work? If you're determined to be disgruntled, you'll probably say it is necessary and refuse to explain why. But if you're actually interested in finding a solution that solves the problem, I'd be happy to help.

"Because I can" does not guarantee that just any setup will work. Or did I miss that guarantee in the manual? If so, please show me. If a user manual had to tell you everything you couldn't do with the software, it would be infinite. You can also do lip sync with bitmap images. That doesn't mean that they will interpolate like vectors, because there are always technical limitations to any software. But luckily, there's so many ways to things in Moho, that there is always a solution.
Keith.D.C

Post by Keith.D.C »

Is it necessary? That depends on what the user is trying to do. But for me, it may be necessary. But if there's a better setup, i'd love to see it.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Keith.D.C wrote:Is it necessary? That depends on what the user is trying to do. But for me, it may be necessary. But if there's a better setup, i'd love to see it.
http://www.filedropper.com/testfilefixed
Keith.D.C

Post by Keith.D.C »

synthsin75 wrote:
Keith.D.C wrote:Is it necessary? That depends on what the user is trying to do. But for me, it may be necessary. But if there's a better setup, i'd love to see it.
http://www.filedropper.com/testfilefixed
You forgot the bottom circle stroke, but I fixed that. Thanks thou. I'll try difference setups and see what happen.
Keith.D.C

Post by Keith.D.C »

I heard using a lot of Ref layers will cause slowdowns. Is this true?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Glad I could help.
Keith.D.C wrote:I heard using a lot of Ref layers will cause slowdowns. Is this true?
Not that I know of. At least no one has shared a file that does, so I'd have no way to know whether any reported slowdown is due to references or something else.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Keith.D.C wrote:I heard using a lot of Ref layers will cause slowdowns. Is this true?
Where did you here that?

The way I understand it, it really shouldn't. If anything, using reference layers should be more efficient because the data is shared except where you alter it, unlike duplicate layers which would have unique sets of data for each duplicate even if it's the same data.