ASP 11 Can't edit old version files

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TheGreenBrony

ASP 11 Can't edit old version files

Post by TheGreenBrony »

I just updated from ASP 10 to ASP 11 and I've run into a major issue. I wanted to continue working on some old files that I started in 10, but when I save them in the new file format, they can no longer be accessed. That is, once ASP 10 files are opened in ASP 11 and then saved, the program can't access the newly saved files. It just displays the "Opening: <file name>" progress bar and then stops responding. Even after 10 minutes of waiting, nothing happens. Has anyone else experienced this?
synthsin75

Re: ASP 11 Can't edit old version files

Post by synthsin75 »

Do these files use layerscripts?
TheGreenBrony

Post by TheGreenBrony »

They do. Will the scripts I use not be compatible with ASP 11?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

There's a bug with layerscripts that hangs v11 when opening. Have you tried updating to version 11.1?
TheGreenBrony

Post by TheGreenBrony »

I have and unfortunately the issue persists. At least it is clear that the problem is indeed with the layer scripts. Removing them solved the problem but I would like to use these scripts. I've only tried one layer script thus far so I will tinker around a bit more. I've also contacted tech support and will update with anything I hear.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Oh yeah, I just remembered. The problem is if the layerscript is active on frame zero. Many can be modded so they are not.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

The only work around so far is to save the file with out them then load them in each time you use the file. A major pain in the ass.

Dale